What's new

1964 for Mac?

zeldafan970

Hey guys, my pc has screwed up for the third time now, so my mom and I are in agreement that we are gonna get a mac. So my question is, is there a Mac version of 1964? Or is there at least an N64 emulator that works for the mac that can load high resolution textures??? I really wanna play Kman's soon to be released OoT composite pack and Djipi's realistic MM pack.

OP
zeldafan970

zeldafan970

I can't believe there is nothing for mac that will load high res textures. Why doesn't someone make one?

Knuckles

because no one likes macs and there's no real devs that really wants to waste their time on something that only 0.1% of the people would use.

OP
zeldafan970

zeldafan970

Really? no one likes macs. No, I believe its just that everyone buys pc because nobody knows how much easier and user friendly macs are. Ok, well anyway thanks for the help.

Clements

There are active emulator developers with Macs, just not many N64 devs that I know of. Sixtyforce was based on the 1964 source and is available for Mac, and Mupen64 has a Mac port, but forget about loading textures with their current releases.

If you must use Windows-specific apps like most PC games and most emulators, then a PC is really the only way to go for both compatibility and performance. You can't expect devs to come up with Mac ports as you would have to re-write most of the emulator to make it compatible with PowerPC architecture, and they have no Mac with which to test it with, and there would be hardly any testers, making development virtually impossible. The usability of Macs has no baring on the complications involved in developing a Mac port.

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
IMO, ever since PCs adopted the icon, I don't think Macs have really had anything over PCs in terms of ease of use - or vice versa. But since most people have PCs, that's what most software gets written for. How exactly is your PC 'screwing up'? Maybe reformatting the hard drive or replacing a faulty piece of hardware is all it would take to make everybody happy - no platform change involved!

OP
zeldafan970

zeldafan970

Toasty said:
IMO, ever since PCs adopted the icon, I don't think Macs have really had anything over PCs in terms of ease of use - or vice versa. But since most people have PCs, that's what most software gets written for. How exactly is your PC 'screwing up'? Maybe reformatting the hard drive or replacing a faulty piece of hardware is all it would take to make everybody happy - no platform change involved!

I appreciate everyone replying, my problem with my computer is that we've gone through 3 disk drives. This third one just happened. All that is says on my computer when I boot is "disk read error press control alt delete." And after I press those keys it just starts over and the same thing appears on the screen again! So we're kind of tired of spending all this money for things to be fixed. And macs (from my experience) have been much more reliable and don't crash and have as many problems as my pc. We've had an imac a little longer than my pc and almost never had any problems with it. I would really appreciate it if any of you had advice for my pc, so I wouldn't have to spend money on a whole new computer if this one could still work.

jamesyfx

It doesnt matter what Operating System you're using. Windows has nothing to do with the destruction of 3 hard drives.

It's hardware.

Yes, you'll need some new components, but choosing a Mac is a very daft decision, as they're very expensive and not that powerful, and not really compatible with much software. Unless you're a professional that doesnt really play games and just does things such as graphic design or video making, a Mac would be a burden more than anything.

Just get your PC taken into a pc repair store. They'll find the problem, and trust me it wont cost you much. $50 or less.