What's new

Can't get old saves to work. Please help :)

Crutch

Hi, I'm new to the board :)

It's been a looong time since I've used PJ64. A few years ago I was most of the way through Ocarina of Time when I got sidetracked by my new PC and all the sweet new games I could play :D Anyway, I'd really love to hop back into my old game and finish it, but I can't get my old saves to work :(

I could swear I was using Project 64 version 1.5 back then, but it's entirely possible that I'm mistaken because I can't figure out how to load these save games. I've attached one of them to this message. Obviously it's a state save, and I've tried a couple other emulators with no luck. Its extension is .sav, but I had to rar it to upload.

Anyone wanna help me out? You'd be my hero :king:

OP
C

Crutch

I know. I was thinking perhaps there is a plugin that I've forgotten about that would create these saves from PJ64. More likely I think these saves are from a different emulator altogether and I was hoping some more experienced people could help me figure out which one :)

It was about 4 1/2 years ago when I created these saves, and I've tried tons of emulators for several systems over the years, so it's all a bit foggy.

Last edited:

Clements

Sounds like a different emulator. You may not have much luck loading it. Have you tried loading it with older emulators such as Nemu64? You may need to use older versions. You may as well start over and not use save states as native states never fail and are mostly cross-emulator compatible. Save states are memory snapshots and are highly error prone as emulators are not perfect.