What's new

Access violation in Blast Corps

jinryuuzen

At random intervals during play (especially, but not limited to windowed mode) I recieve a message saying "Access Violation. While processing graphics data an exception has occurred you may need to restart the emulator". The game will then generally run for a few more moments before the emulator crashes. Any idea as to how to fix this? I am using version 1.6 of the emulator and have tried several versions of the rom.

I am using Jabo's Direct3d8 1.6 video plugin and everything at default settings on a system with a 2.6 GHz P4, 512 megs of pc2700 ram, an intel 865G video chipset and windows xp professional.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Do you have access to a ssytem that has a *decent* graphics card to test if the game crashes then? Personally, I'd bet on that Intel chip... when was the last time you updated its drivers?

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
it's your grahpics chip etheir update the drivers and see if that works of buy a new gfx card ati cards work the best for emulation:bouncy:

OP
J

jinryuuzen

Unless this thing uses openGL, I severely doubt it's the graphics chip. However, I think I may have solved the problem by switching to the d3d6 plugin.

Clements

D3D8 uses pixel shaders, of which the DirectX 6.0 compliant Intel Extreme has no support - thus the Access Violations. The D3D6 plugin should work better and is included with PJ64 for this reason.