What's new

how do you fix a booting message problem

vick2008

Whenever i try to open a game with dolphin, a booting message shows up, and nothing happens afterward. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

OP
V

vick2008

The game is Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4. When i try to open the file, it shows two messages. One of the messages is "booting" and the other one is "Direct3D Device Creation failed" I have no idea of what to do. Thanks in advance.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
vick2008 said:
The game is Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4. When i try to open the file, it shows two messages. One of the messages is "booting" and the other one is "Direct3D Device Creation failed" I have no idea of what to do. Thanks in advance.
What graphics card do you have? Or rather, graphics chip? Direct3D device creation failed usually refers to the fact that your "card" cannot render in Direct3D or you don't have DirectX9 installed.

OP
V

vick2008

My System Spec is:
OS: Windows XP Home. Processor: Intel Pentium III,~730MHz. Graphic Card: Intel(R)82810E Graphics Controller. Memory: 190MB RAM. DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0C (4.09.0000.0904). Sound Card: Intel(R) Integrated Audio.

Is the problem with my Graphic card? or my sound card? How can i fix the problem.

Agozer

To put it bluntly, you can fix the problem by buying an actual, good video card. The Intel chip does not even support the pixel shader version (2.0 IIRC) that is required by Dolphin.

Furthermore, like I said earlier the "Direct3D device creation failed" message points to to the fact that you might have some serious problems with your drivers for that chip. Do any other fully 3D applications (emulators, games or otherwise) work without problems?

OP
V

vick2008

Yeah. My computer plays pokemon stadium 2 with Project 64. Although i had to change the color quality from 24 bit to 16 bit, it worked pretty well. Is there anything i can do without changing my video card?

DOGG

Your CPU is way, WAY underpowered for any kind of GC emulating.

Buy a cube is the best advice you're going to get.

Agozer

DOGG said:
Your CPU is way, WAY underpowered for any kind of GC emulating.

Buy a cube is the best advice you're going to get.
Well, everyone has an underpowered CPU, albeit his is even more so. Still, no matter how you look at it, the real root of the problem lies in the graphics chip.

But yeah. The CPU is slow.

OP
V

vick2008

Thank you.

I'll try to get a new graphic chip, but it may not be anytime soon. Right now, i don't have $200 to buy a new graphic chip.

OP
V

vick2008

Do you know any good graphic card that i can buy. I don't want to waste my money to buy a card that doesn't work.

DOGG

vick2008 said:
Do you know any good graphic card that i can buy. I don't want to waste my money to buy a card that doesn't work.
Dude don't buy a new card!

It would be a HUGE waste of money. It won't enable you to play games in dolphin. It would just allow you to run them with less graphical errors, at a bit faster speed.

Your computer is also too slow to take advantage of the power modern cards offer.

Only invest in a card if you want to play old 3d computer games

ChaosCode

DOGG said:
Dude don't buy a new card!

It would be a HUGE waste of money. It won't enable you to play games in dolphin. It would just allow you to run them with less graphical errors, at a bit faster speed.

Your computer is also too slow to take advantage of the power modern cards offer.

Only invest in a card if you want to play old 3d computer games

I agree with DOGG here, a GC is what 99$ new? Only reason I upgrade is becuase I beta test.

Blacklord

Banned
Yup u need a new comp. And no matter what agozer say Intel chips are fairly good. Indeed they have a fixed pipeline and no shader support but overall performance is just a high as a 6800. Well at least the Extreme Graphics 2. Not sure about 1.

Guru64

If you want to play Gamecube games on your PC, just forget about it. Dolphin is really slow at the moment and will remain like this for a long time. If you really want to play Gamecube games, get a Gamecube. They're cheaper than buying new PC parts.

If you still want to try Dolphin and don't care about games running slowly, having bad graphics or nor running at all, I'd just build a new PC from scratch. You're current PC is too slow to run Dolphin, even if it has a new graphics card. We can help you with deciding which parts to get.

Blacklord

Banned
I have one buddy and i know. I also had a ATI 9100 GTI. Intel chips beat other chips in other abilities.
And if u would read that better u would see that what u were looking at was the intel !865 not the 82852/82855GM/GME a.k.a Intel Extreme Graphics 2. And now intel is releaseing their kickass new chip Intel Extreme Graphics 3 which has all pixel shader support and a lot of pipelines.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Intel cards are crap. For integrated solutions, there are eve nvidia cards, and they are way better. Not sure about ati, though.
But as a general rule, avoid any built-in graphics chip, they are piece of crap in the end.
It will never take place that an integrated solution will beat a real gfx card.