What's new

Need help with Goemon

Chronowizard

White Mage
There are a few areas in the game, Kappa Road for example, has some spots that mess up. The screen goes black and the upper part of it goes glitchy. You can still hear the noise and you can move the character but you cant see anything. please help.

OP
Chronowizard

Chronowizard

White Mage
oh and my computer is windows XP with 200gb of memory, 512mb ram, im not sure what the video card is but i know its good. i can play other games without problems.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I'm pretty sure you don't have 200GB of memory. 200GB hard drive capacity more likely.

OP
Chronowizard

Chronowizard

White Mage
uhhhhhh im sorry i have no idea what a gfx card is. im not very competent when it comes to computer components.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Chronowizard said:
uhhhhhh im sorry i have no idea what a gfx card is. im not very competent when it comes to computer components.
Graphics card. It is responsible for everything you see on your screen. It would be pretty hard to play games without one, wouldn't you agree?

Go to Start --> Run, type 'dxdiag' (without the quotes) and press OK. The DirectX Diagnostics Tool should pop up. Click on the Display tab and tell me what the program says under Device:.

OP
Chronowizard

Chronowizard

White Mage
ok it says

Name:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Manufactuer:NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce FX 5200
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 X 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

is this the info you are looking for.

Blacklord

Banned
:D another FX5200 user. I'm sooo happy!
Well i don't see how the problem could come from the gfx card sinxe i am also a user and never experienced any glitches exept PJ64 related.

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
Chronowizard said:
ok it says

Name:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Manufactuer:NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce FX 5200
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 X 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

is this the info you are looking for.
lack of pixel shader support in your gfx card find divers that will work best with that card ATI user here:party: :bouncy:

OP
Chronowizard

Chronowizard

White Mage
is there anyway to take a screenshot so i can show you what is going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
your card lacks the pixel shader suport like i said my ATI 9800pro displays it fine as you can see you will see your cards pic on the right:bouncy: :bouncy:

Trotterwatch

axcc123, the FX5200 supports Pixel Shader 2.0, so it's most likely just a driver issue. Though he mentions a specific point in the game (ie not the one you have took a screenshot off), so perhaps it happens later on.

Clements

Looks like a framebuffer problem due to the characteristic multicoloured static. You could try:

- enabling 'Copy Framebuffer to RDRAM' in Jabo's advanced settings.
- use Glide64 Wonder Plus + Hacktarux wrapper and use the 'Read every frame' option.

OP
Chronowizard

Chronowizard

White Mage
i tried the copy framebuffer but it didnt help and i cant download a new plugin because the emulator tells me it cant find the Glide 64 plugin or thr Glide 3X file even though they are in the plugins folder.

Typify

Nolife
The heck you're all on?
That is normal with PJ64 in underwater places and one room in Kappa Road, which is an underwater tube. I recommend you to use wireframe rendering on such areas.

Clements

Chronowizard said:
i tried the copy framebuffer but it didnt help and i cant download a new plugin because the emulator tells me it cant find the Glide 64 plugin or thr Glide 3X file even though they are in the plugins folder.

You probably put Glide3x in the plugin folder when it really needs to be in PJ64's directory or Windows\System32.