What's new

ASPI drivers v4.71 problem

jesustlife

IMPORTANT NOTES:
1: If you get a ASPI drivers v4.71 error you may have to install ASPI drivers v4.71 from HERE and after that install v4.60 from HERE in order to make it work.
2: You must not have custom IDE drivers installed when installing the ASPI drivers (use the IDE drivers that come with windows). If you have, the emulator will probably crash.
To unistall any custom IDE drivers manually do one of the following:
1: Go into the windows device manager and then to the ATA/ATAPI controllers section. Then select the IDE controller and then the drivers tab and click update drivers. Then select choose driver from list and then check show all hardware. Finally install the 'Standard Dual channel PCI IDE controller' and reboot. After that, install the ASPI drivers.
2: If your Mainboard has an NVidia nForce chipset install the latest drivers for it and make sure to choose "No" when the installer asks you if you want to install nVidia's custom IDE drivers.

Ok, I read this, downloaded ASPI drivers v4.71 and tried to install it but when I go to the dos command to type a space and then xp64 the dos box just dissapears. That is my problem. Please help me. I'm trying to play Soul Calibur is cdi format. The size of the file is 784 MB. My real prblem is the one I quoted from the faq. I get the " cant read toc from drive g" message...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
or you could use the other CDRom plugin which doesn't use ASPI. That what's I've done an I've never gotten an IO Control error.