What's new

only 2-8fps when playing super smash bros

Status
Not open for further replies.

boobies

:( i just tryed it out on my pc (ati radeon 9200) and it lags like hell. so i copyed it all over to my laptop and im getting 8fps (ati radeon 200m)

i have tryed messing about with the graphics settings but cant seem to get it to go any better.

:unsure:

edit:
hmm, i just downloaded the beta (v1.03) and the videoplugin patch thing cos it crashed, but now im having problems with it thinking i have a controller. i just want to use my keyboard...

edit again:
ok fixed that, seems to be low fps still be not as much...

when i go to start a game of super smash bros i select ice climbers then hit enter (start) but it just doesnt do anything like its crashed. how do i fix that? :p

Last edited:

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
boobies said:
ok fixed that, seems to be low fps still be not as much...
That cannot be fixed, as defined in the FAQ.

when i go to start a game of super smash bros i select ice climbers then hit enter (start) but it just doesnt do anything like its crashed. how do i fix that? :p
Try changing the language of the game to Japanese before trying to get ingame.

Toasty

Sony battery
To get rid of all the lagging and glitches, you'll need to use a special device from Nintendo called a 'Gamecube'. I was having the same problems as you are, but I tried playing the games with this fascinating little device and my problems vanished! (In other words, either wait a few years until PC hardware/emulators catch up with the Gamecube, or use a Gamecube. Nobody gets full speed yet.)

UniverseStar

Now, now! dont be mean :) I wonder what people like you are doing in these forums at all. This forum is about emulation - means: one tries to run games/programs on a platform other than the original one.

wait a few years until PC hardware/emulators catch up with the Gamecube
I disagree in this point. The only thing that the GameCube has and the actual hardware is still missing are the uniform programmable shaders on the ATI Flipper GPU. However: the power of the current-generation PCs (and especially graphic cards) is highly above the one provided by the GameCube. Even the first xbox, the ps2 and of course the dreamcast fail in comparison to a fast PC.

Anyway - I would recommend to close any background processes (such as filesharing programs) - not only because they take CPU power and RAM, but also because they make the hard disk work for their background task.
Same goes for anti-virus and internet-firewall programs.

Computers can do as much as a Gamecube, and if your PC is good enough, maybe a XBOX 360. However, the problem lies in the emulator. Fires doesn't want to work on the compiler thing, thus having a slow emulator. So, we just have to wait for updates.

Guru64

I think you guys don't get emulation at all. The current processors found in PCs and the Gamecube processor can't be compared. It's like comparing apples and bananas. They're both fruit, but that's about all they have in common.

The problem is: when the Gamecube has to do one calculation for something, the PC might has to do three or more to do the same.

It is true that it can run faster if the authors work on it, but they have lives. They are making this for fun.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Fires doesn't want to work on the compiler thing, thus having a slow emulator. So, we just have to wait for updates.
Not true at all - Dolphin has a very good dynarec. Just because a system has a faster cpu than the emulated system, it doesn't mean that it can emulate that system at full speed. For fullspeed emulation the rule is that generally the emulating cpu is 10X faster than the emulated one, and the fastest cpus on the market aren't 10X faster than gcn's ppc.

While it is true that if you work more on the recompiler you'll increase speed, (such as with gcemu), you'll never get perfect speed on today's computers.

BlueFalcon7

if there were some sort of DOL to EXE converter or some sort of DOL de-compiler, wouldnt that make it easier to recompile the games so a PC can read it? or even HLE plugins, i heard that the dolphin used HLE for its earlier releases, one of the coders of the dolphin told me that the only problem with having HLE plugins availible to create, is that not many people would want to make them, i still think having open HLE would be cool, and i do people who would be willing to make HLE plugins.

spotanjo3

Want a full speed ? Wait at least 3-5 years or so. Impatient, you say ? Buy a nintendo game cube and have a some supports. ;)

UniverseStar

Want a full speed ? Wait at least 3-5 years or so. Impatient, you say ? Buy a nintendo game cube and have a some supports.
Again: that's not the point:borg: The thing is that people want to run other consoles on a PC - just because it seems to be possible. And full speed is in this case just the thing that is wanted - not always possible.

Computers can do as much as a Gamecube, and if your PC is good enough, maybe a XBOX 360.
As some other memeber here stated before: a PC often has to execute two or three functions - while the GameCube only executes the specific one.
Not only that the XBOX360 has a 3-core CPU with each one about 3,2GHz (so it is in most cases faster than a desktop PC) - but emulating that one would be hard since - like the moderator said - we would most likely need a PC with 32GHz (and a suitable emulation program and OS) in order to play the XBOX360 games at full speed. Although even then you wouldn't have the gurantee that it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.