What's new

XML Editor

sigloiv

I'm trying to blank out my current DeSmuME (which I've made multiple additions to), but doing so manually with Notepad/Wordpad would take hours. Is there some sort of XML editor out there that I can use?

Low Lines

Re-download the original blank XML file I posted somewhere and add the custom changes to it, ie Emulator details and that. And keep a copy of it at all times, that way instead you having to manually go through and clearing all your info, you can just open up a new one and start clean.

The only solution to your problem (that I can think of) is by using the Find & Replace option in Wordpad/Notepad. Cos most things are very much the same and it shouldn't be too much effort to do that.
But I recommend my first idea, and I'm sorry that you ended up doing the emulator that gets updated the most...

OP
S

sigloiv

Well, the problem is that I made the changes not to the bottom but in alphabetic order...

However, I've already decided to just use the Find and Replace tool to change all <playability> tags to 5. I just left the status tags to whatever they were, and I'll edit them as I get to them.

No big deal on the emulator...it just means that I slightly less free time (which is way too much anyways). ;)

Low Lines

With your alphabetical order, just check PocketHaven or something and work out how far back you started adding games and work from there. I've been somewhat busy with other things and I'm starting to fall behind, hopefully I'll get things sorted during the weekend, including getting this bloody thing online. But I just got an iPod, so I may be a little reluctant for a little while (if you get what I mean...)

OP
S

sigloiv

Eh...I hate to say this (just proving how lazy I am), but that would require way too much work. Anyways, if I update the XML enough, my way will work just fine (no offense to you at all).

Low Lines

hey don't worry about it, I'm just trying to make things as easy as possible and if you think your way is easier, that's fine, as long as you don't drop dead in the next 24 hours I couldn't care. Anyway, is it alright if I use that link you gave me as a direct link, or do you have a better one??

OP
S

sigloiv

Yeah, let me stick it on some permenant hosting. Damnit, this is when I wish Windows supported some sort of symbolic linking...

I mean, it's only going to be up-to-date when I copy over the XML itself. I guess that's fine...

OK, this is weird. I just went to double-check the link for my Apache server running on the same box I'm typing this on, and it doesn't work at all. Not with the domain, not with the local IP, not with 127.0.0.1 or localhost, nothing...

It looks like I'm gonna have to ask a friend or favor. As soon as I get FTP to his dedicated server and I upload the two XMLs (one for each WIP) I'll post the link.