What's new

really dodgy graphics and sound help plz?

ginge51

hi ppl this is my 1st post on these forums so im new to this foirgive me if ive posted on the wrong forum but here goes:drool:

ive just got some n64 roms and i got your emulater (looks great)
but when i try to run most of the games the graphics are really stuttery and the sound is v patchy aswell can some1 plz terll me how to get it v good plz because im dying to play some of these classics heres my specs below do i meet the recommended requirements plz help me ppl

radeon 9800 se(graphic card)
896 mbs of ram
pentium 4 1.5 ghz proccessor

thats my rig not v good i know but i thought it would be good emough to play n64 games lol
so if some1s got any tips for me on how to get it running like the dogs beeeeeepppppssss id be very grateful thx

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What? Could you please type in standard english instead of shorthand and l33t? This forum isn't affiliated with AOL you know.

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
go to www.ati.com for gfx card updates. can't stress it enough UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS AND DIRECTX AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO AVOID THIS!!!!!!!!!!:evil: :bouncy: :bouncy: :king:

OP
G

ginge51

ive an ati card but i dont use the official drivers i use these 1s for my graphic card which is www.omegadrivers.net am im using the latest drivers plus microsost direct x 9.c which are the latest 1s :D

ive just downloaded the pj64 1.5 emulater and it seems perfect now except for i cant alter the brightness any 1 know how i can do this using version 1.5 of pj64 thx.

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
That is your proplem Ati uses pixel shaders and what i call HACED driver DO NOT so get the Drivers FROm ati :angry:

OP
G

ginge51

what about the brightness prob with version 1.5 any1 know how to fix that prob plz? because ive just downloaded the official ati drivers and im still having a brightness problem ?

help me some1 plz???/

Last edited:

Sanojei.Sanna

Seksikäs Poika
ginge51
I use Jabo's D3D8 1.6 Plugin. To alter brightness (your videocard options would call this "gamma" so check that too) go to OPTIONS > Configure Graphics Plugin... and when inside, you should see an opion called "Brightness" with a slider. Slide it RIGHT to brighten the game up (good for dark games like Doom 64) and slide it left to darken. Put it on 145-155 to make things default again. Good luck.

PS...1337 5|>34|< is so played out. I agree, this isn't AOL. Let's speak normal here. :)