What's new

2 questions

DeathFox007

What are the controls?

And I loaded Metriod prime, so i was wondering is it supposed to be sluggish or is it just my pc?

Ryuran

The Overseer
I dont know. I'm getting 36-38 fps during the intro. I couldn't get ingame because the main menu is flickering.

My specs: AthlonXP 2000+, 384mb, GeforceFX 5200. I hope I can play full speed in the future...

EDIT: I managed to get ingame. Its running at 24-25 fps, but its not playble, because there are some black textures and I couldn't control Samus.

Last edited:

sigloiv

The game is not fully playable. It gets ingame, and it's possible to control Samus to a certain extent, but the game is nowhere near fully playable. Most games aren't and won't be fully playable for quite a playble.

If you really, really want to play through a DS game through on your PC, go get a dump of Polarium. There's a few grapical glitches between menus, but the game plays and operates perfectly at fine at really decent speeds. Of course, you can't save still...

spotanjo3

Or I suggest you to buy DS to give Nintendo support until this emu is getting better in the future. ;)

spotanjo3

Because if we do not buy DS to give support to the nintendo then emu will never existed. :)

Last edited:

DeathRain99

That's a good point.
Illeagle rom/iso downloads of current-gen systems like GCN, PS2, etc, kinda kill future emulation if you think about it. Not a ton, but people torrent ISOs like crazy. I assume the mod-chippers.

spotanjo3

I dont know about illegal things..if you download it to your liking and for yourself only then it is not illegal I think. But download them and make a piracy to sell for a profit is of course a illegal and wrong. :)

DeathRain99

Any downloading of roms/isos is illegle actually. There had been some debate about whether it's legal or not to download them if you own the game, but even that is illeagle, I believe the outcome was.

Think about it, you download it... isn't that like stealing it from walmart? That's okay to steal from walmart as long as you don't sell it for money ;)
Same with already owning the game. You can't take x number of copies from walmart just coz you already own the game.

But yeah, I don't think anyone cares that testers download DS roms. It's obvious that you don't own 300+ DS games. But nobody cares. :p I only own like 10 DS games... but I just tested 25 for 1.0.07 :p

spotanjo3

That's true. Heh! I think enough for that discussion. Off the point , let's enjoy and let's test them as crazy! :p