What's new

native saves and save states wont load

superwazn

ok, i was playing my game and made a native save, then just to be sure i made a save state. next time i play the game, the rom doesnt think i have a saved game, also when i go to the save state i saved in it says "unable to load save state (rom name).pj0". but when i go into the folders, i can see both the native save and the save state file. what is going on? its driving me nuts that i cant fix it or find the answer to the problem from searching the forum.:( :( :(

OP
S

superwazn

yes it does, i saved in the tenth slot, and when i try and load it it says "unable to load save state DOUBUTSUNOMORI.pj0". i know the file is there, in the save folder there is a .fla file and a .mpk file.

OP
S

superwazn

oh srry, posting about the files that were there made me realize it cant load the .pj0 file because this is not one. but i still dont know why it didnt native save correctly.
edit: it says "restore" under save, i dont know if its suposed to say load...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Use Load to load the saved state. Restore only loads the current selected save slot. Chances are that you saved a state to slot ten, but the emulator does not default to slot ten. So either select slot ten manually before using Restore, or use Load and find the savestate file on your disk and then load it.

Last edited:
OP
S

superwazn

thank you for your help, this was all due to my stupidity and overlooking obvious fatcors(yet again). i also found out that the native save was working, but as doubutsu no mori is in japanese and i dont really know anything....about anything...well its all cleared up now.:bouncy: thanks