What's new

pj cant find his plugins

rtb

i copied pj64 on a cdrw with my roms. whenever i go to plugins, pj constantly says: PLUGIN NOT FOUND
i copied the whole pj64 dir to the cdrw cuz of reformatting, and i can't reinstall pj64 cuz im still not allowed to install games :( :cry:

why wont pj64 work??

Trotterwatch

This may sound really stupid, so forgive me if it does, but why not just redownload PJ64, won't take more than a minute or so on even the slowest of connections.

Remote

Because you forgot to backup the correct registry keys, poke around in the registry and change the values so that they point to the correct location...

OP
rtb

rtb

Trotterwatch said:
This may sound really stupid, so forgive me if it does, but why not just redownload PJ64, won't take more than a minute or so on even the slowest of connections.

i said that i still cannot install pj64 thanks to a dumb dad...

and remote: i never thought of that...

Trotterwatch

So you'r trying to run PJ64 completely off a CD without installing it, sorry but I doubt that is possible.... doesn't it need to write some registry entries?

Just install it on the sly, lol and uninstall when you've finished :)

OP
rtb

rtb

every uninstalled program leaves files'n'stuff so that wouldn't work... (expecially microsoft programs...) :(

edit: i searched in the registry and found keys that lead to pj64. it did make keys but it still doesn't work...(removed them now, i don't want trouble)

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Install PJ64
Play your games
When finished, go to PJ64 > Uninstall folder> click the remove registry settings icon

Delete the folder, theoretically this will remove all evidence that you had used PJ64, and is in all reality probably the best solution you are going to get.

Trotterwatch

Yep, the recently used list thing needs deleting, then the recycle bin emptying.

Having said all this, I think the best thing you could do is to have a talk with your Dad and try and come to a solution whereby you can install selected things with his approval.

I take it you had some sort of Virus or something such as that, that caused you to reformat the computer in the first place?

Trotterwatch

yep, and it made my dad VERY VERY cautius(sp?), the idiot...

To be fair, if you had gotten a Virus such as CIH, Kriz, Magistr then you probably wouldn't be at the computer at the moment, as it may well have flashed your BIOS causing considerable problems for you.

So he has a right to be cautious, you will just need to show him that you are responsible, and won't go downloading rubbish from unscrupulous sources (Warez etc).

Also get yourself a decent AntiVirus and Trojan Scanner, I can recommend both AVG (which is free dependent where you are, and The Cleaner).

OP
rtb

rtb

about the virus, my motherboard has 2 bios chips...prolly wont make a diff but perhaps...

my dad NEVER believes me, so that wouldn't be easy :(:cry:

my dad installed Norton 2002, but got problems, and ... uninstalled, so we don't have virus protection while hes soo cautious...:lookaway:

i think he got the virus cuz he d/l so much music, it's unbelievble.

Trotterwatch

If he was just downloading MP3s from somewhere such as Audiogalaxy then the chances of him getting the virus from there would be 0%, MP3s are non executable files.

OP
rtb

rtb

apparently pj doen't have that, but i have no idea how to change it.

Remote

rtb said:
apparently pj doen't have that, but i have no idea how to change it.

If you burned your Project 64 folder to a CD-RW, right click and change it's properties... remove the write protection... If you burned it to a CD-R I guess you are stuck... You could always burn a new CD-R or a new CD-RW with the neccesary files on the disc and the rest of the files, i.e plugins, in another location... Poke around with the settings and I am sure that you can come up with something...

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
Remote said:

If you burned your Project 64 folder to a CD-RW, right click and change it's properties... remove the write protection... If you burned it to a CD-R I guess you are stuck... You could always burn a new CD-R or a new CD-RW with the neccesary files on the disc and the rest of the files, i.e plugins, in another location... Poke around with the settings and I am sure that you can come up with something...

you are joking right?