What's new

raising keyboard keystroke limit?

aznshadow

It's very frustrating while playing certain games like... mario kart with a friend and all together press more than 3 keys at once causing no other keys to be pressed to work which in turn...you crash...fall in the water...run into a trap...etc..

My question is... Is there a way or program that let's you increase the max # of keyboard keys pressed at one time? Like an overflooder or limit disabler that could simplify the complexity of gameplay?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
believe its a hardware limitation (with some keyboards)?
suggest you get some usb controllers.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
It is indeed a limitiation found in most modern keyboards. Some older models do not have this limitation however. Buy a gamepad, as it saves you the headaches of finding another keyboard.

Fabricio_EX

Yeah. My keyboard is old too, and it's annoying when you're trying to press some keys in a racing game and then nothing works. But there are games you can play a 3-player match using only one keyboard (I play Smash Bros. with my brothers); with a joypad, it's even more funny. In other hand, there are games you can barely play a 2p match with one keyboard, like Mario Kart or even Star Fox. So, I suggest you to buy a joypad to play at least 3 players on these games.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
It helps to seach for specific keys on the keyboard that work well together. For example, keys that are relatively far away from each other. This helps especially when two people are playing on the same keyboard. It's not much but it's something at least.

OP
A

aznshadow

Are there any like... Keyboard hacks that can set the limit? Cuz i have a USB Microsoft keyboard and somewhere i read something about a keyboard hack for MAME emulator.... Can anyone clarify this?

LeeChaolan

CEO Mishima Zaibatsu
If you don't mind spending over 20$ for a controller Get a Saitek Rumblepad. Those are great for N64 gaming exept for lacking a good place to put the Z button other than pushdown on the joystick which usually works. If your looking for a cheaper one get an Axis pad wich has plenty of buttons but less durability. Otherwise goodluck with the keyboard.