What's new

black screen

Rizzler

hello. o just got dolphin and tryed to load Metroid prime 2 with a gcm file. it loads but only a black screen shows nothing more. i wonder why?

Qubin

same thing here, i tried to load pokemon XD: Gale of darkness, but i only get a black screen, any help?

edit:

sorry, I didn't search the forum. now i know that pokemon XD isn't supported by dolphin.

Last edited:
OP
R

Rizzler

ok. i just searched the forums and found out that Metroid Prime 2 IS playable but i still found NO info how to not get the blackscreen si im back to step 1. why do i get a blackscreen when loading it ?

DOGG

Dude.... it's some guy with 1 post saying he 'played' (what does that mean to him?) it for '5 seconds'.

i haven't tested it myself but i'd bet that an advanced game such as that wouldn't work

Mouser X

Actually, if you check the screenshots thread or this thread, you'll see some screen shots posted by CKemu. Also, in this thread CKemu says that he played MP2 for 4 hours with no crash (and that was played at less than 10 fps. D: ). Though, someone else tried to play it, and it wasn't stable. CKemu said that another time, he played it, and it crashed when he went into the morph ball. So, you should be able to get it working, but it's not stable. As for how to get it working, I have no idea. Check the screenshots thread is all I can suggest.

Though, if you want to play Metroid Prime 1, that's a different story. Apparently, it crashes if you try to move (or that's I what I recall reading). Though Dolphin's site does have a compatability page, you can also check The Dolphin Game List (which also contains a link to an INI file for Dolphin at the bottom of the page), which is a page set up by CKemu. It looks pretty good to me, and seems to read easier than the compatibility page that Dolphin's site has.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't be of more help, but hopefully this will get you going in the right direction. Also, is that thorough enough for you DOGG? But yes, Rizzler, do a little more searching. And good luck with getting it running. Mouser X over and out.

Last edited:

Harrowblade

hello, i just wanna know the necessary configurations for dolphin works, and if pokémon colosseum is compatible in dolphin, sorry me to ask this questions but i'm new here, and i never had played a GC rom.