What's new

Dolphin and UML

Nifty

Hi,

This is in fact a question to all who are involved with the development of Dolphin.
When you guys started the project, did you model everything in UML? Or only some parts? I guess only the class diagram would be really important here.
I know that Dolphin isn't open source but is it possible to provide such diagrams?(Image, xmi, rational rose, visual paradigm, it doesn't matter) I'm very intrested because of my education.

Or did you just go ahaed and dive into the project?

Any comment will be appreciated.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
GCFreak said:
Dolphin was coded in Visual Studio 2003.

Visual Studio is a compiler for several different languages, so that's far too general. It was coded purely in C++ via Visual Studio 2003.

Even then, that doesn't answer the question. UML = Unified Modeling Language.

BlueFalcon7

all of the models in games made by different companies are in different formats, the info on how to open them like every other game in existince is stored in the main executable, for pc games it would be the .exe file that has a shortcut on your desktop, for GCN games, the executable is .dol, and thats the only file in the whole iso which needs to be run

smcd

all of the models in games made by different companies are in different formats, the info on how to open them like every other game in existince is stored in the main executable, for pc games it would be the .exe file that has a shortcut on your desktop, for GCN games, the executable is .dol, and thats the only file in the whole iso which needs to be run
That was a whole lot of information that doesn't even relate to the question... as cooliscool mentioned, UML is Unified Modeling Language. It's used to make hierarchies and class diagrams, show interactions between objects, etc. As for whether they used it in Dolphin's making, I have no idea. If done properly, it can help a project come along rather smoothly. If not done well, it could possibly hinder productivity. =]

OP
Nifty

Nifty

BlueFalcon7 said:

LOL, did you even read my post or did you just see the word 'model' and start your explanation. Anyhow, thanks for the information:getlost:

And indeed, like cooliscool and sethmcdoogle said, the UML is for better understanding a project, finding its requirements, making visual models of it for better communication and so on...