What's new

A 'small' favour in Wind Waker..

Hosma293

Beta Quest Freak
Hi all,

As I understand it, Dolphin has the ability to dump textures, correct?
I was hoping, that someone would be able to go to the tower of the gods, into one of the rooms with the Magic bridges, and dump the texture for the 'Shine' around them as they appear.
Now before anyone says anything, I'm quite sure that this does not violate copyright in any way, since I'm not using it in a game. However, I could ofcause, be wrong.

Now I have looked for this texture inside the ISO directly, but I have had no luck finding it. So now I post here, hoping that someone will be able to ignore that fact that that game runs at about 3fps.. :(

Thanks to anyone who at least consideres this,
Hosma293

Toasty

Sony battery
A.) Distributing textures that are part of a copyrighted game is illegal, AFAIK.
B.) I don't think it's possible to get to that point in the game with current emulators/hardware.

OP
Hosma293

Hosma293

Beta Quest Freak
A. Ans) So what about all those people who dump textures and give them to others so they can redo them? :p
A. Ans) Isnt there an exit mod code for the AR? Dolphin supports AR codes doesn't it?

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
At the moment the only way would be to extract the .bdl of the level from the iso, load it into thakis' viewer, export to .3ds, load into 3DS Max, and export the UV.

OP
Hosma293

Hosma293

Beta Quest Freak
groupz said:
1. Start up your GameCube.
2. Go to the Tower of Gods.
3. Save the game.
4. Rip your savegame with GCS win.
5. Implement it into memcard_a.raw with MemCardMerge.
6. Enable "Dump textures to" in Dolphin and make sure the specified folder exists.
7. Load the savegame in Dolphin.
8. Go to the room.
There are a few probs with that idea, 1) I don't have the equipment to rip ISOs and/or savegames, and 2) My system won't run dolphin. :(

On another note, I don't want the model of the bridge, a want the texture of the 'Shine' that shows around the bridges when they appear.

OP
Hosma293

Hosma293

Beta Quest Freak
Like I said, I have been unable to find the texture :/
I found the model of the Bridge itself, but no shine. I think it might be a special sort of animation that involves the loading in of another texture/object however, I have no way of confirming this, nor have I got the time to look through thousands of archives to search for a file that may not even be openable.
Just incase anyone is wondering, I found the bridge by accident while looking for some other stuff which I never found anyway.

EDIT: Ok the thing I'm after is this 'Magic Flare' in the Picture below.

000_0675.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Hosma293

Hosma293

Beta Quest Freak
Ok, after further research I believe that the shine/magic flare texture is in one of the sections of the model file that thakis hasn't yet implemented into his viewer. This makes it impossible to get the texture without someone dumping it from the game.

Please guys, someone must have the ability to rip savegames to get to the TotG. I only want a texture..

thakis

Can you tell us the name of the file containing the bridge? (and perhaps the file containing the corresponding level)

OP
Hosma293

Hosma293

Beta Quest Freak
Yeap, the bridge is in: \res\object\Gbrg00.arc
and the room its in is: \res\Stage\Siren\Room4.arc

Both require the use of your excellent little extractor. :)

thakis

I think that all required textures are stored in the bridge's bdl file. The bridge doesn't look like it should because texture (coordinate) animations (which are probably stored in btk files) are not yet supported - but the texture images are all there.

OP
Hosma293

Hosma293

Beta Quest Freak
I thought it might be something like that. D'you know if/when you will be adding support for the .btk files?