What's new

mouse control?

recarracxob000

heyy i was wondering. is there any way i can control the game with the mouse for like perfect dark? it would make the first person shooters alot easier.

stunt_man

There is a tutorial on how to play Perfect Dark really well... hmm lemme find it...

Okay, here it is. If you want the rest of the tutorial, it's called
"Perfect Dark the way it should be," and it's posted by Incivad in the 1964 forum.

The "Controls" part of the tutorial -

Ok, now on to controls. Go to plugins - > Input settings. Now you’ll have to set Controller 1 regardless, but if you’re going to netplay set up controllers 2, 3 and 4 as well. Just set them exactly the same as controller 1.

You can set these your own way, but I suggest mine, as it took quite a bit of tinkering with both in-game and out of game controls to make it control like a modern fps.

//Digital Pad
Down -> S

//Buttons
Start - > Shift
A - > E
B - > R
Ltrig - > Lctrl
Rtrig -> Right Mouse(Mouse 01)
Ztrig -> Left Mouse(Mouse 00) If it won’t let you assign it, go into your windows mouse settings and switch it to a left handed mouse, assign it, then switch back to a right handed mouse.

//C buttons
Up - > W
Left -> A
Right -> D
Down -> LCtrl

//Analog Stick
Uncheck Real N64 range.
Set range to 100%.
Up -> Mouse Axis Y- - This is done by moving your mouse forward when it prompts for input.
Left - > Mouse Axis X –
Right -> Mouse Axis Y+
Down -> Mouse Axis X+

Now you can save the profile if you’re going to be playing other games, or just hit save if you’re not.

Last edited: