What's new

Glide64 8 wonder configuration

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
Hi, i have trouble in FullScreen Mode with glide64 8 wonder in PJ64, the graphics becomes less smooth(pixels big & rough) & gets smaller than the window mode???

Window Mode:
http://www.emutalk.net/attachments/m...f?d=1134464721

FullScreen Mode:
http://www.emutalk.net/attachments/m...f?d=1134464731

Also, my pointer is always over the screen(very annoying), even on fullscreen mode???

Now, after checking the options, i can't found out where are the options of glide64 8 wonder to put the resolution in 32bit & to set the refresh rate. Also i can't find the option to hide the pointer.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in Advance

Pantuflo

Sorry, I can't see your screenshots.
What video card/driver do you have?

There is a new version of Glide64 plugin (it is called glide64 "Wonder Plus"), do you have it?
http://www.emuxhaven.net/~glide64/downloads.php

I don't know what glide wrapper you are using, or even if you have a vodoo card :p .

If you are using "Hacktarux's glide wrapper", you can change resolution in the "wrapper" button in the config dialog.

If you have Zeckensack's glide wrapper (http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/), you can change resolution in the main config dialog

I have had the "pointer problem" with Hacktarux's glide wrapper, but in general I have better graphics with Zeckensack's one, no problems with it.
(I think it depends on your system though).

32 bit: I think it is not a plugin problem, I have my desktop in 32 bits and this plugin also works at 32 bits in full screen or windowed.

And refresh rate, what do you mean about that? Refresh rate is not related with the plugin, it depends on your system config., drivers, and so on. (Although in some games you can config the refresh rate, I think it is not possible with this plugin).

OP
furio

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
Pantuflo said:
Sorry, I can't see your screenshots.
What video card/driver do you have?

There is a new version of Glide64 plugin (it is called glide64 "Wonder Plus"), do you have it?
http://www.emuxhaven.net/~glide64/downloads.php

I don't know what glide wrapper you are using, or even if you have a vodoo card :p .

If you are using "Hacktarux's glide wrapper", you can change resolution in the "wrapper" button in the config dialog.

If you have Zeckensack's glide wrapper (http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/), you can change resolution in the main config dialog

I have had the "pointer problem" with Hacktarux's glide wrapper, but in general I have better graphics with Zeckensack's one, no problems with it.
(I think it depends on your system though).

32 bit: I think it is not a plugin problem, I have my desktop in 32 bits and this plugin also works at 32 bits in full screen or windowed.

And refresh rate, what do you mean about that? Refresh rate is not related with the plugin, it depends on your system config., drivers, and so on. (Although in some games you can config the refresh rate, I think it is not possible with this plugin).
Hi, 1st of all thanks to take the time to help.

Now, thanks to your little screen of the wrapper config & path direction to get there, i finaly found where is the button called "Wrapper" below of the video plugin setting page. Also, my pointer now disapear alright.

Also, i've downloaded wonder plus like you proposed(i didn't have this version)& its working very good, thanks.

After that, i've downloaded & installed Zeckensack's one, but PJ64 doesn't show this plugin in the plugins setting???

Thanks for any advice

Last edited:

smcd

furio: the wrapper won't show up as a plugin, it's an alternative to the glide3x.dll that comes with glide64..

OP
furio

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
Oh i see, how does it work then, that is if you don't mind explaining.

OP
furio

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
What do you mean? Place what in the PJ64's Directory.
Its an installer, so i should choose the PJ64's directory instead of the default install directory, is this what you mean?
If so, i have more than 1 N64 Emu, so i would have to install it over & over again but choosing each Emu's directory?

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Zeckensack's wrapper places a glide3x.dll in C:\Windows\System32. You would have to grab it from there, but if you are happly with hack's wrapper, you don't need it.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The wrapper, named glide3x.dll, is what you put in pj's directory. That file is in glide64's package.

smcd

Installing zeckensack's wrapper will negate the need for hacktarux's wrapper (glide3x.dll in pj64's directory - rename it to something like ~glide3x.dll to make pj64 load zeckensack's glide3x.dll from the c:\windows\system32 path instead) both wrappers have their positive and negative points but each do a pretty good job.

OP
furio

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
CF2 said:
Zeckensack's wrapper places a glide3x.dll in C:\Windows\System32. You would have to grab it from there, but if you are happly with hack's wrapper, you don't need it.
Yeah, i'm very happy with it, but just in case , i want to try out zeckensack's wrapper.

sethmcdoogle said:
Installing zeckensack's wrapper will negate the need for hacktarux's wrapper (glide3x.dll in pj64's directory - rename it to something like ~glide3x.dll to make pj64 load zeckensack's glide3x.dll from the c:\windows\system32 path instead) both wrappers have their positive and negative points but each do a pretty good job.
Got it, thanks for the helpful information.

Pantuflo

Ok. If you have installed Zeckensack's glide wrapper you will have a glide3x.dll in your system32 folder as CF2 said. That means that you won't need to put any glide3x.dll in your project64 folder. (This also work for other games, like "Manx TT" -no n64 :p -). However, as sethmcdoogle said, you can rename the glide3x.sll in your project64 folder to something like "glide3x.dll.beforezeck" or something like that. If you go back and rename it to glide3x.dll you will be able to return using Hacktarux's wrapper easily.

Yes, I know that all those things have been already said. But now, I will recommend you some tips to use Zeckensack's wrapper.

Go to "Start menu->All programs->Glide wrapper->Configurator:
You should choose "Application specific overrides", then, in the list below choose "Project64" and finally click "Apply" and "OK".

This trick will help you in using Project64 - Glide64 with this wrapper, as it prevents some type of crashes when closing a game (F12).

Note that if you use this wrapper (Zeckensack's) with another emulator (not Pj64) it will crash when closing a game. Also, you won't be able to play in windowed mode with Glide64 plugin.

OP
furio

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
I already set the Zeck's Glide config to PJ64, but thanks for the other tips Pantuflo. You guys(the 4 of you) really helped, i want you all to know that its greatly appreciated.