What's new

DPN GX Graphic Plugin beta shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

.akai

Been working with this for a while, figured I would go ahead and stir up trouble and draw some attention back toward the Dolphin development. Mind you this is running on a 2.2Ghz AMD TB with nVidia Geforce FX 5950U w/ 81.95 drivers. If all keeps at this rate I should be able to release a full version some time around new year. I will try and grab some video soon, FRAPS does'nt like me too much, so I am gonna have to find an alternate. Also, I would be happy to get some beta testers, more over, some people with large GC Game libraries. Please PM if you are intrested and include your game list.

I am not associated with the Dolphin dev team what so ever, if need be, close this thread if it is not allowed.

DPNGX109shot.jpg

DPNGX109shot2.jpg

AA enabled it drops down to around 10fps, and I am still gettting some graphical glitches here and there. But normally I get 25+fps. I hope by this comes out the next version will be out, or close so I can make further improvements.

Coco

Looks cool. I'd love to help beta test too, but to be hoenst I've only got 3 (maybe 4 GC games) so to be realistic I'm not the best choice. Keep up the good work though.

I do have a nice computer 64bit comp with a 7800GT video card though. :)

Last edited:

thelawman

i can test

I have 49 of my games backed up so far! And I still need to 7 more. I have no life except videogames (lol).

thelawman

i can test

I have 49 of my games backed up so far! And I still need to backup 7 more. I have no life except videogames (lol).

thelawman

I have an Athlon 3800 venice, 1 GB RAM, 450 GB HD (300 + 150), and my XFX GeForce 7800 GT should be in the mail this week. A great setup to test your plugin on eh?

EFX

Official Beta testers ready to test as well :)

http://www.emuchrist.org/neotoxin/images/ini/9d98f0983908g08a89.php
is the old private beta test compatiblity list I was working on, you can
sort by game type, name, and some other stuff, I need to redo it sometime
for the new games.ini format. You can upload your games.ini and it should
auto update there, and/or you can download my games.ini.

Amd 3200+ overclocked to 2.4gighz, 1gig ram, geforce 6800 GT WinXP

Let me know if you want me to test, I have a library of 180 or so games.

EFX

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
I'd offer to help but I only have one game in my library. Just curious, though, have you tried Metroid Prime 1 or 2 with your plugin?

OP
A

.akai

thanks to all who sent me e-mail. I randomly selected 5 of you to test it. I ask the chosen not to post the plugin since its still beta and I dont want it out yet. I also will not be giving their names. I have decieded to wait until the next release of Dolphin to release this plugin so it can be a better plugin than it is at the moment.

thelawman

Also, in case you don't know, I am using the latest Dolphin Emulator. 56 games. And this Friday (Payday) I might buy a few more.

pennsu

Cool! I can't wait the next realease!!!!!!
I thought my eyes are fooling me, 30ftp!!!!! Awesome.

bohdy

What framerate are you getting on other games? Like Smash Bros, etc?

Also, can I assume that you have implemented the Flipper T&L in Vertex Shaders, unlike Ector's plugin?

OP
A

.akai

I tested this with all Naruto Games (except the new one), All Dragon Ball Z Budokai's (except the new one), Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Smash Bros, Wind Waker, and Resident Evil 4. My plugin eliminates the black blocks on the characters in the DBZ games, and reduces the graphic distortions that many of the other games have. The plugin will be able to switch between Direct X9 and Direct X 8 Emulation. Will have options for AA and AF. Hardware and Software modes. Has Multiple shader options. Can play in wireframe mode or shaded wireframe mode, which helps with FPS alot, I get 55+ with it. It would be nice if someone from the dolphin team could contact me, I would like to discuss what changes u are making to next release so I can begin to plan out what I can do for improvements. Also, I am working on another Controller plugin, and another Sound plugin. I should be done with these by the end of year.

Also someone mentioned that I was new here and whatnot. This is true, but I have been writing code since I was 14, started working @ Epic Games when I was 20. Now @ 23 I am working with another major gaming company who has to rename anonymous for obvious reasons. But I look forward to helping this community grow, since I like emulation as much as everyone else. And for another teaser, my friend is having about the same progress with a PS2 Graphic plugin :)

Last edited:

CKemu

.akai: I betatest dolphin officially and firstly would like to welcome you to these forums. A person from the games industry liking emulation is certainly not unique, but never the less pleasent to see :)

I would certainly like to put myself forward to test this plugin in terms of compatibility, speed etc. I am intrigued, so to speak on how the remarkable speed was achieved, and of course wish to see it in action.

Especially how it effects the list I have been compiling with 2 other contributors: here

With regards to number of games I have to hand, never counted, but in the 80-90 range.

Plugin specs etc for dolphin where never released, now whilst they don't take a genius to figure out, you will have to excuse a jaded old hat at emulation, but the number of 'magical' plugins, with amazing shots demonstrating stunningly ab-normal speeds that I've seen in 6 or so years is disturbing.

Regards, CKemu.

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
.akai said:
I tested this with all Naruto Games (except the new one), All Dragon Ball Z Budokai's (except the new one), Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Smash Bros, Wind Waker, and Resident Evil 4. My plugin eliminates the black blocks on the characters in the DBZ games, and reduces the graphic distortions that many of the other games have. The plugin will be able to switch between Direct X9 and Direct X 8 Emulation. Will have options for AA and AF. Hardware and Software modes. Has Multiple shader options. Can play in wireframe mode or shaded wireframe mode, which helps with FPS alot, I get 55+ with it. It would be nice if someone from the dolphin team could contact me, I would like to discuss what changes u are making to next release so I can begin to plan out what I can do for improvements. Also, I am working on another Controller plugin, and another Sound plugin. I should be done with these by the end of year.

Also someone mentioned that I was new here and whatnot. This is true, but I have been writing code since I was 14, started working @ Epic Games when I was 20. Now @ 23 I am working with another major gaming company who has to rename anonymous for obvious reasons. But I look forward to helping this community grow, since I like emulation as much as everyone else. And for another teaser, my friend is having about the same progress with a PS2 Graphic plugin :)
Mmh... it's just me or seems this plugin a little dream?
For n00bs who just want to play Naruto or Dragon Ball games and for technic freaks (because of the support for these lot features!)?
And I remember a chat with FIRES, where he did say, that it will be long way to get a fast and good emulation of Metroid prime, but you say, you already have one...
Mmh...
I'd like to see some screens of the "beta testers" you already chose, because I really like to see a proof.
If this project it's for real, it could be a big boost for Dolphin, because probably the devs would go back to work and we all would be happy.
If there's really such a project, I like to give you a helping hand, too, but before that I really like to have a proof!

CKemu

*^ Just a small point MasterPhW the devs are working on dolphin anyhow ;)...just they have lives etc to live :p

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
CKemu said:
*^ Just a small point MasterPhW the devs are working on dolphin anyhow ;)...just they have lives etc to live :p
I know, you don't have to say me this!
ANd it's not only their real live, it's WoW, too!
/me looks to FIRES

BTW: Another thing what let me wonder is this "gfx bug" in the pic:

OP
A

.akai

Well while I understand you all being skeptical, I am not going to defend myself by appeasing you all with proof as I feel no need too. I have no reason to falsy lead on a whole community of people. As for what that is in the above is picture is some graphical distortion I am getting with some of the shaders I have enabled, once I go back to finishing up the shader it will be fixed.

CKemu: while the plugins specs were not released a quick look at the hex of the original ones gave me the biggest clue as to how they work with Dolphin, and with my current job using the almost same coding that we use on our gamecube games about 40% carries over to this, it was just a matter of adding in custom code while converting the rest.

Last edited:

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
.akai said:
Well while I understand you all being skeptical, I am not going to defend myself by appeasing you all with proof as I feel no need too. I have no reason to falsy lead on a whole community of people. As for what that is in the above is picture is some graphical distortion I am getting with some of the shaders I have enabled, once I go back to finishing up the shader it will be fixed.

CKemu: while the plugins specs were not released a quick look at the hex of the original ones gave me the biggest clue as to how they work with Dolphin, and with my current job using the almost same coding that we use on our gamecube games about 40% carries over to this, it was just a matter of adding in custom code while converting the rest.

Like CK, i'm one of the main betatesters.
I would like to invite you for a small chatsession at EFNET in the channel #dolphin-emu (IRC).

Just pm me (Falcon4ev) or CK.

Status
Not open for further replies.