What's new

Is a Hi-Poly patch possible on 1964?

xrami91x

Ever since these hi-res texture projects I've been wondering if there was a way to make a patch that increased the poly count in a game... I'd love to be able to use the hi-res textures and hi poly count in Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64, so does anyone think its possible?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
This is a graphics plugin thing, not a core thing so 1964 aint the thing that needs such a feature. It is a nice idea though but it's already been brought up many a time.

Toasty

Sony battery
Yeah, I remember a little while back some plugin writer (I think it was Orkin maybe?) working on something like this, so maybe you'll see this some time in the future.

OP
X

xrami91x

so it is possible but its just hard to do? ok thanks guys, but i hope someone can make such a plug-in that'll work great with most N-64 games I'll be watching these projects...

Snatch5003

Aircrewman
i don't think you can because the n64's polygon limit was about 150,000 odd per frame and as the emulators and games work around that core figure i wouldnt think its possible unless you truform it as al;ready said but it wouldn't look very nice