What's new

N64 hangs on Perfect Dark

ashir

When I finish the mission G5 building: reconnaissance and push a button to begin area51: infiltration the emulator just hangs on in the objectives screen.

Any idea why?

P4 2.53 Ghz
1 GB DDR 333
64 MB radeon 7000
Win XP SP2
Lastest version of N64, video drivers and direct X

MORTALMAN

Gameplayer...
someitmes hanggs...sometimes not hangs...just press F5 before press the "continue button"...if it hangs press F7 and try again...

OP
ashir

ashir

I have tried, and tried, and tried aaaaaaaaaaaand tried, it just hangs out :'(

Trotterwatch

Save just before the end of a level, then go into Jabos plugin options and turn Use D3D transform on.

Let me know if that effects it any.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah i havent replicated this yet, could be system dependent.
does hang with other video plugins?

Clements

It hangs for me in particular with the (U) (V1.1) version with annoying regularity after completing a mission and selecting an option in the level completed menu. This is with all the latest updates and Jabo's plugins, laptop with a X700 and Desktop with 6800 Ultra, latest Catalysts and Forcewares.

Last edited:
OP
ashir

ashir

I don't known if you are refering to the option "use direct 3D transformation pipeline", but it's the same. It still hangs.

In fact, I think it's not an graphical plugin issue but a emulator one, because I try again with the Rices 1.0 and it still hangs...

¿Could be a rom issue?

I'm using PD 1.0

Happiness it's never complete... :|

Trotterwatch

I've only tested it on a few levels for me the D3D Transform option enables me to continue. Yet for others it appears to not work at all, and others don't even need to do anything.

Wierd problem.

Clements

The hang happens for me fairly randomly after completing a mission in both PJ64 1.5 and 1.6.

Stu L Tissimus

Just to add fuel to the fire, I just started playing Perfect Dark again and I too have trouble with the Chicago-Area 51 transition. But here's the thing: I tried it with three different graphics plugins and two different audio plugins. I even changed the core to recompiler, from interpreter. But the same thing keeps happening.... So I'd guess it's a core problem. I've attached a save file (I'm using the U 1.1 version) in case anybody would mind taking a look at it... :whistling

Trotterwatch

Checking it out now, don't suppose you have a save just before that point - ie as you are about to complete the level and before any end cutscenes?

If not I'll grab a gamefaq and run through it myself.

As for that state, yeah it hangs here too.

Last edited:

rvdVit

I remember when I couldn't play the final mission, but then suddenly it started to play all the missions, it used to hang on the Area-51 missions for me, too.

stunt_man

For me, it hangs (sometimes) when it goes from the menu to a level. It does this in PJ64, but in 1964, it just hangs randomly during levels. This is just a shot in the dark, but it may have something to do with the sound plugin... That's the only difference in configuration I have between the two emulators.

Stu L Tissimus

Heh, sorry for not checking back into this thread. ANyway, Trotterwatch, no, I don't have anything from before the level is completed. Technically, I guess I could play up to there and get a save...