What's new

installation error

compro01

whenever i run the install for PJ64 on my laptop, it gives me an error dialog that says "error 1327 invaild drive J:\"

i'm certain that my laptop meets the minimum system specs (933mhz pentium3m, 512 ram, ati radeon video, lots of HD space, etc. i'm not planning on using it for full on gaming, just basic stuff for my little syster so i can have the desktop for my own use.)

the system is running XP pro. and i am certain the is no drive J: on the system, nor has there ever been while it's been in my possesion.

i'm fluxmoned by this, so i hope that someone around here has a clue on what is causing this

OP
C

compro01

i just tried that microsoft KB entry for this.

i looked in the registry and found that someone (likely a school board tech, as this laptop is from my school, though it is mine and i am allowed the do pretty much whatever the heck i feel like doing with it.) had set the shell folder favorites to point to the network J: drive. what the heck the favorites folder would have to do with this i don't know, anyway, i reset the value to point to c:\documents and settings\administrator\favorites, and it works.

thanks for the link.