What's new

Sound slow down. Not too sure why.

thegeorge43

I was recently playing FF7 on epsxe 1.6.0 (helluva good game) and everything was perfect. no glitches. smooth. sound was great. But then I had to reformat my computer so i put the emulator and all the files on another hardrive. Then after i put everything back on my computer again it was all perfect except for the sound:huh:. I'm not too sure why but the sound in the game had somehow become noticibly slower than usual. My first guess was some settings in wrong order. so i tried the main plugins.
Eternal spu
psx core spu
Messed around with the tick boxes. nope didnt work. changed settings in it. not that either. then i even tried video settings. still not changing a thing.
After all that decided to move the emulator files and rom files to another pc
(this problem was on a laptop) which was my home computer with considerately higher specs. From my laptop/notebook being

512mbs ram
Intel extreme grafix 2:yucky:
pentium M 1.4 ghz

to my home pc:happy:

512mbs ram
ATI Radeon 9800 SE
pentium 4 2.4 ghz

Now this is wer it was wierd. From such a difference of specs (kind of) the games grafix looked and ran alot better but it still had the same sound problem. Now i thought: hell, i hope someone on emutalk had this same problem or can help me. but first i tried different settings and all. Nothing. the best i could do was make it run too fast. And no i don't want to play some music in the backround instead. So can someone tell me something. Anything?

Thanks

OP
T

thegeorge43

Good news everyone! I managed to fix the problem from finding out from the official epsxe site forums!
Thanks and sorry for the time spent reading it.
For those in need of a fix for this problem; it is simple.
Just change the FPS limit to 65.
Fixes problem straight away.
Cheers