What's new

(ePSXe) FF8 bug?

CanSee

Depressive freak
Dunno if there's a sollution to this on the board already, but after the scene where the missiles miss the Garden Centre, where it takes off to the sky (on CD2 BTW) the Headmaster asks me to go and check for the students. When I leave to the rooftop, an FMV appears showing the surrounding and Rinoa. After that the scene melts into engine and I regain control over the characters, BUT, and it becomes interesting now, I cannot in any means go back through that door or switch anything! Tell me if I'm wrong! Tell me if it's a bug or anything.

My specs are below.

Anyway, I'm using

-ePSXe 1.6.0
-Lewpy's video plugin (dunno the version, it's the final one)
-Switched off sound
-Playing w/memory card as well as extensively using save state (could that be it?)
-Some proggies may have been in the background working (WinAMP mostly)
-ISO from HD

TNX ALLLOOOOT in advance of course ;D

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
This was discussed some time ago on the NGEmu forums... It seems to be a bug with the emulator. If I recall correctly you might be able to continue if you keep trying to open the door (try from various spots on the screen). Otherwise, load a native save (not a savestate) and go to this area without Rinoa in your party.

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Indeed... u can also try....

Right Click on the ePSXe 1.6.0 icon >>> go to the end of the "Target" address bar >>> type -noauto after the quotes.

Various games that I had problems with were fixed by doing that. I'm not sure exactly what it does but it has something to do with CPU timing. I put the command in before i got to the part that you are on (I had Rinoa in my party also) and i had no problems.

Oh, if you also type -slowboot you can see the PlayStation system intro... i think its cool cause it brought back memories of when i first bought the system.

OP
CanSee

CanSee

Depressive freak
TNX a lot ! I'll try out those.

-noauto however works veeeeeeeeery slow on my PC.
Tried it w/Chrono Cross to avoid this magic use freezing bug. Definetly got sth to do w/timing or maybe frame limitation.

but ill definetly try -slowboot :) Somehow the PSX logo seems to boot randomly on my system when I use ISOs, but never when loading from CD. A pitty the X-Files was canceled :) Scully surely would have some scientific explanation on this.