What's new

New GPU fan

-Shadow-

Banned
Well, my recommendation is the VGA silencer series. They'e cheaper than stated on the -official website- in most shops, so you'll surely get one for less than $30. It's silent and the cooling performance is very good :)

OP
M

mix

My card isn't on the compatibility chart for the nv silencer though...I have an AGP 6600 GT.

OP
M

mix

Well I already saw that one, but on the nvidia forums someone said the one I posted was better because it's faster and is completely silent. Is the zalman really better? I also heard that the zalman has some problems with the 6600GT AGP.

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
mix said:
My card isn't on the compatibility chart for the nv silencer though...I have an AGP 6600 GT.

Well, the page says that the NV Silencer 6 (Rev. 2) is compatible with the 6600GT (it should work for the AGP version,too but i didn't check that)

I don't think the cooler you posted can be less noisy than cooliscool's. I compared the specs and I think the Zalman cooler is less noisy ( 75mm + max. 2600rpm vs. 60mm and max. 3500rpm)

Does your graphic card has any temperature monitoring or fan speed controlling? Then i would use the VGA silencer, because it's connected to the graphics card and can mak use of it. If not, you should use the Zalman :p

OP
M

mix

It has temperature monitering, but the manufacturers disabled it...it doesn't have fan speed controlling though.

TerraPhantm

I always thought that most coolers don't fit on the 6600GT AGP, because of the orientation of the core. I'd get the Zalman, my friend has one and its probably the one of the best coolers I've ever seen, it even ran my old 9700Pro passive.

OP
M

mix

I heard that the ramsinks for the zalman don't fit on the 6600GT though. Will they?