What's new

Sound problem in OoT

HyperHacker

Raving Lunatic
OoT runs surprisingly fast on my computer, like 100FPS with sound, which is nice for getting around quick :D but unfortunately, I can't get any decent sound out of it. I've tried both plugins, both are horribly crackly. With Zilmar's I can adjust the buffer size but it doesn't do any good; a small buffer makes constant clicking throughout the sound while a large one 'leaves out' half the sound (like half a second of sound, then half a second of silence; it's not paused, just skipped). Are there any tweaks or alternate plugins I can try to get it working properly?

OP
HyperHacker

HyperHacker

Raving Lunatic
Yay, it works. Dunno how I missed that one. :p

Though I forgot to mention another problem... at night, it gets really dark and I can't see anything, even with the brightness way up on my monitor. I can increase the brightness in the plugin options, but this makes everything look crappy during the day (too bright) and still doesn't do much good at night. Without changing the brightness it looks 100% identical to a real N64 during the day, but a lot darker at night...

OP
HyperHacker

HyperHacker

Raving Lunatic
Thanks, I'll try those... I know my graphic drivers are rather funky, I'm using the latest version though. Though I did just get a new monitor, so we'll see how that works out.