What's new

Paper Mario Flashing Screen w/ Intel(R) Extreme Card

jpcguy89

Hi, I'm really new to using Emulators and have been through the forum a few times looking for a plugin for Paper Mario. But each one I use seems to either not work or come up with an error....Is it because of my Graphic Card? I have a Intel(R) Extreme Graphics 2 M (That's what it says in the control panel. And if it is, since I have a laptop, are there any PCMIA Graphics Cards, or any other solution (I just bought this laptop). Sorry if these questions sound obvious. So far I've tried glN64, Daedalus 5.1.0, and Direct64. Is there anything special I have to do with them? Please try and help the best you can! Thank you! I'll check back after school today.

PalmTree

From what I hear, integrated intel graphics are not that good.

Direct64 needs pixel shaders which I'm sure your graphics card does not have. I've never used gln64, and Daedalus 5.1.0 is horribly outdated.

You might want to check out jabo's Direct3D 6 video plugin, or the newest Rice Video plugin.

OP
J

jpcguy89

alright I downloaded those but now it keeps telling me BMGlib.dll is missing and everyone seems to have found it online but me....can someone give me an exact link to the version of the Rice plugin with BMGlib.dll in it plz? I'm seriously pulling my hair out trying to find it. And do I need this "1964" thing too?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Hmmm... check rice's thread on the board to search.
You don't need 1964; but it is another emulator.

HyperHacker

Raving Lunatic
I had the same card (desktop, but it's built in anyway), it's quite the piece of junk. I advise you don't enable Thumbnail view on a folder with thousands of images with one of those. <_<

And hasn't PM always had a flashing problem?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, various news DO say (like glide64) to eleminate the flickerings, but I've never really tried them...