What's new

Direction Bug

Cadwal

I've read the FAQs, help files, etc. etc.

The bug has occurred in a few games, however the most recent is Super Smash Bros (it also occurs in all Bomberman games). It's a bug where on ONLY the main menus the cursor will constantly go up. After I get out of the main menu I'm able to select everything fine (characters, maps, etc).

-My joypad is centered (I've even tried using the keyboard instead and have increased deadzone).
The Rom file is fine, checked it with GoodN64.

Stats on PC:

Windows XP
3.2 Ghz
2gb ram
Radeon x600
Windows XP

-I run in both windowed and full screen and it has no effect on the gameplay (not that it should either, I'm just saying what I've tried).
-I've also tried reconfiguring my controller so that the analogue sticks aren't used.
-I use both a logitech Dual Action and Sony Playstation Controller (both have same problem).

I am running the most recent version of PJ64.

EDIT: I also noticed in Super Smash Bros. I am unable to select any map in the Vs. Mode other than Princess's Castle and I believe the two may be linked. Once again, I tried switching to the keyboard to see if that would fix it, and it didn't.

Last edited:
OP
C

Cadwal

Well, though I don't agree with it I did get it fixed by switching versions completely AND plugins.

I'm now using Project64k version 0.13 core 1.4 with the RICE video and controller plugins to play Super Smash Bros. There is a chance this would work with the other games as well and I'll edit those games into this post later.

I'm updating this just in case anyone in the future has the same problem.