What's new

need help on Banjo-Tooie

X_Megaman

Swordsman
hello I am new here so whenever I start Banjo-Tooie it always
shows "No Controller" I don't know whats wrong:huh:

Neo-TheAnomaly

click OPTIONS then click CONTROLLER PLUGIN BLAH BLAH bit. Then try this. theres one called S. for S set the key as ENTER(if u have a ps2 controller then START). Click OK.

After this on the game check if it still says NO CONTROLLER. click START and if it works(which it most likely will) then ur sorted.

Neo-TheAnomaly

Did u just try the start button ? set controller as NONE and set S as i dunno, a random key like 5 or #. Then click OK then press 5 or # whichever one u chose. Other than that i dont know and plus Banjo kazooie and tooie are crap cause they lag hard. Go buy the real games like i did, i still got em, they in the loft!

OP
X_Megaman

X_Megaman

Swordsman
snesmaster40 said:
You did enable the controller in the controller config screen right?

Yes I've tried fixing it and its always the same, but when I play any other game it doesn't have that problem.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
In 1964 this problem arose for me when the wrong save type was used. It needs 16Kb EEPROM I think, strange as that sounds that was the reason.

Might be something similar on Project64?

4real

First of all i would not use the default plugin for this game as you will not be alble to complete some of the task ie slow walking.

Use Nrage Input plugin V2.1.83 and make sure in devices your gamepad is in the box and not none.

You will need to set some Modifiers up for slow walking and a bit faster that you need for later on in the game look up my Banjo tooie Faq on how to set this up.

Hope this helps

OP
X_Megaman

X_Megaman

Swordsman
4real said:
First of all i would not use the default plugin for this game as you will not be alble to complete some of the task ie slow walking.

Use Nrage Input plugin V2.1.83 and make sure in devices your gamepad is in the box and not none.

You will need to set some Modifiers up for slow walking and a bit faster that you need for later on in the game look up my Banjo tooie Faq on how to set this up.

Hope this helps

well, I did try to use a differnt plugin and it was still the same.

OP
X_Megaman

X_Megaman

Swordsman
Smiff said:
are you using PJ64 v1.6 and a verified good ROM?
yes, I am using PJ64 v1.6 and a good rom.
this has happed on the second day I used it and
when I replaced it, it still says the same thing.

revgen

USB or PS/2 port?

I've had issues with USB keyboards not working correctly in certain programs.
USB ports and controllers can be finicky sometimes, especially if the controller may be having to handle the resources of other components such as the mouse, Ipod or other devices.

Sometimes it's better to run a mouse or keyboard from dedicated ps/2 ports to avoid these issues.

An even better idea is to get a dedicated gamepad. Pads from Logitech and Gravis are nice too.

OP
X_Megaman

X_Megaman

Swordsman
revgen said:
USB or PS/2 port?

I've had issues with USB keyboards not working correctly in certain programs.
USB ports and controllers can be finicky sometimes, especially if the controller may be having to handle the resources of other components such as the mouse, Ipod or other devices.

Sometimes it's better to run a mouse or keyboard from dedicated ps/2 ports to avoid these issues.

An even better idea is to get a dedicated gamepad. Pads from Logitech and Gravis are nice too.

well, I did check everything except it could the emulation, but I don't think thats likely.

OP
X_Megaman

X_Megaman

Swordsman
4real said:
There is a know prob that happens sometimes with the emu try this :
Used Reg cleaning program and took PJ64 out off the reg.

Then click on PJ64 exe and it will start as it was just installed.

Then put N-rage back in and made sure that my joypad was in devices. Hopefully all should be working again.

Have a look at the banjo tooie faq

http://www.emutalk.net/general-n64-emulation-discussion/24354-banjo-tooie-faq.html
well this didn't work for me. Even re-installing will make the same mistakes.
Maybe it's the extra files with PJ64, but I don't know what is good or bad.