What's new

Audio/Video/Controller Updates for 1.6

©XL-DJK

Recordings Inc.2005
Hello one and all, my name is XL-DJK (Steven) and have recently taken on the Project64 1.6 Emulator - - nice job! guys! Anywho, I'd like to know if anyone would happen to help me out to find an update for the Video Plugin..my system credentials are listed below. The reason for this question is because I've noticed after installing .NET Framework 1.1 + the SP1 for it and then installing the ATI Radeon Catalyst driver, when I switch from Fullscreen to window mode, the system hangs..... as well, it randomly hangs whenever I need to run anything to do with D3D that's complex. To add for help, I'm running the latest DirectX (9.0c), my OS resolution's set to 1024x768 32bit and when I run the game at the same settings as the desktop it also runs choppy in complex scenarios (Ocarina of Time for ie.). I've set the FullScreen to 800x600 32bit 75Hz and 640x480 windowed, but, I've noticed it chops up in windowed mode as well..... any clue here guys?

tia

WhiteX

Dude, have you installed ati CCC because that crashed my emus and my games also, if you did, uninstall it and then try your PJ64.

OP
©XL-DJK

©XL-DJK

Recordings Inc.2005
ATI (C)atalyst (C)ontrol (C)enter

I've tried running it w/o the CCC :smurf: and still the system hangs after.:huh:

I'm currently now trying a video plugin called d3dx9_24.dll.... does a much better rendering job but one glitch......... you get the lower windowed barframe (credentials) flickering on the screen

I've now tried these 2 plugins - Direct64 v0.5.03.20.dll and glN64_v0.4.1.dll.

Direct64 has the lower windowed barframe appearing on fullscreen glitch
and glN64 displays triangular artifacting as well as cannot emulate the Sun/Moon properly in the background

BOTH as well seem to freeze my comp, I'm lost.... what the heck do I do now (sobs)

Last edited:
OP
©XL-DJK

©XL-DJK

Recordings Inc.2005
Well? can anyone help me with this?....pwetty pwease? it's really rattling my brain

Clements

The bar frame glitch can be worked around by setting the resolutions for both Windowed and Fullscreen to trhe same resolution. I guess 800x600 or lower for both would work well for you. Not sure about the freezing issue since I do not have an ATi card. I'm guessing driver-related.