What's new

Problems with Zelda OoT emulation

zex

Emutalk Member
Im geting The error:
unhandled r4300i opcode at: 801f2208 unknown 05 bf 00 3c then the Emulation crashes. This ALWAYS happens when I try to go in the door right next to the spot where you jump down through the spider webs from the third floor in the duku tree. Every time. Not shure where to start on this one as I have allready set up the Emulator for the best proformance useing the instructions in the help file of the emulator for the spicified game. Any ideas enybody?:yawn:

Clements

A few things you can try:

-The rom may be bad, and so comes up with errors. You can check roms using GoodN64, which you can find in the download section at the bottom of the forum, along with tutorials on how to use it. A good rom is renamed with a [!] at the end.

-If you rom turns out to be good, then it could be a configuration problem. Grab the most updated files for PJ64 from Smiff's sticky thread. Extract these into your main PJ64 folder, open PJ64 and refresh your ro browser with the F5 key. These defaults are intended for best playability of the game.

-If you have done this and still get errors, then disable all cheats if you have any on. Also, if you are using save states, that could be causing it as they can generate errors over time especially if they are overwritten a few times. Play from an in-game save if this is the case.

OP
zex

zex

Emutalk Member
Now another problem has raised its head above the others. Help me SHOOT IT DOWN!!

Ok I downloaded goodN64 and good Windows and the bin.zip. I have also downloaded the tutorial witch I must pause for a moment to give whoever made that tutorial props. Extremely well put togeather! Bravo! Anyhow my problem is that now Goodwindows crashes as soon as I tell windowsXP to run it. I know that normaly if I had not changed the n to a y beside oldformat this would be normal but I have so its not? Dont know what else to do and im at a loss. Help please.