What's new

Can't get my game started

Xorxur

Hi, I'm new to this whole emulation-thing and I have a problem with the game I try to run with Dolphin.
It says that I have to describe the path to the gmc-files but all I have is a folder full of files with names like gcp-sfp.003. All in all there are 12 of these files in that folder so my question is: What am I supposed to do with them?

OP
X

Xorxur

I've already read that thread before... sorry if I got something wrong but it doesn't help me with my problem. I have a .rar file which contains many strange files and I don't know what to do with them. As I said they have names like gcp-sfp.001 etc and I think you have to have some gcm files or something like that to load with the emulator.

OP
X

Xorxur

Hm ok, maybe I'm just to stupid for this thing.... I don't know but the first thing I did was of course unpacking the rar archive but what next?
Extracting this file leads me to having 12 of these strange other files.
So, all in all: I have a .rar file which I of course have to unpack but in this file there is nothing else but these files and this dolphin-emulator can't do anything with them.

DOGG

i'm guessing he's got a .tar with .001+ (rars) in it. but i don't wanna help him because this isn't a winrar support forum and if you can't work out how to use a simple archiving program, well.... he'd have a million new stupid questions once he got his game to show in dolphin.

OP
X

Xorxur

I thought this forum exists to help... all I wanna do is to know how to handle this file so I can run it and I think it can't be that difficult, I just didn't do such a thing before. So why do you expect me to ask more and more of these "stupid" questions when I'm finally able to play the game?

Trotterwatch

Highlight all the files with that 001, 002 etc ending, then right click and extract. If you get different files, do the same to them.

OP
X

Xorxur

Alright, meanwhile I managed to get a .gcm file so I guess I did the right thing. Now only one last question: When I try to load it the screen of dolphin gets black and it stops with 0 fps... Is there something I have to change in the settings before I can run the game?

Pky

I must have said this, guys, but all the people who comes here asking something finishes complaining about the speed... The games won't work at more than 16 fps ..

DOGG

yep. see. he's already asking new questions. doesn't even specify which game so i'm assuming he expects all games to work.

OP
X

Xorxur

I said clealry "ONE last question".... and of course I do NOT expect all games to run but as I said I'm new to this emultaor-thing and maybe there are some settings ore something like this which you have to know so that's why I'm asking. Meanwhile I've found a list with many information about different games and it says that it is impossible to run the game I tried to...
So I'm going to try something else but it would be nice if you could tell me if I have to change something in the settings to run normal games?

JinXD

The main thing is to use Interpreter for maximum compatability. That's what I usually use to initially test a game. If the game works ok with interpreter, i'll try runing it in Dynarec mode, which is faster but less compatable.

Also make sure framebuffer emulation is off, as this is only for homebrew games....