What's new

Graphics plugin for ATI Rage Mobility

vq304

I've got an old laptop with a 4MB Rage Mobility in it which is having a bit of trouble with Project64. When I try to use the built-in D3D plugins, it gives me an "out of video memory" error. I have tried an OpenGL plugin which did work but ran very slowly.

Is there a graphics plugin that would work well on this video adapter?

Thanks

OP
V

vq304

Thanks, I tried that, but it just gives me a black screen instead of displaying any graphics. I can hear by the sound/music that it's running very slowly anyway.

I managed to get the default Project64 plugins to work by setting Windows to 16 bit colour. It was running at about 30fps which was playable, but only just.

Am I wasting my time trying to get it to run well? I know that the Rage Mobility is complete rubbish, but I remember a few years ago I had N64 games running at full speed on a laptop with a Rage adapter of some sort (no idea which).

OP
V

vq304

Well, I've got Mario 64 to run at a decent speed in UltraHLE (and similar) by using XGL200. However it's only Mario 64 that works; when I try to load any other game it just sits there and does nothing. The CPU cycles at the bottom of the window keep going up, but nothing else ever happens.

Why would this be?

MadManMarkAu

Transfer Pak Expert
If you have a Rage Mobility chip in your laptop (like I do in my POS laptop), you probably won't have a fast enough CPU to run it at full speed.

These chips are also quite old.