What's new

Battle System Problems with FFIX

Hawkeba

I am trying to play my "Final Fantasy IX" discs on my CPU using ePSXe v1.6.0, and don't you dare say "get ePSXe v.1.5.2" because it will not work on my computer.

Anyway whenever I run into a battle, I cannot see the command list. You know that thing at the bottom with "Attack" or "Steal" or "Skill" or whatever? And I cannot see my HP, MP, ATB Bar, Trance Bar, or anything else as well as the cursor or the help menu (the "press select" one).

I have tried alot of stuff. Including all the graphics plugins I could find.

I have tried Pete's D3D Graphics plugin, with frames set to 60.0, "Use Frame Skipping" is off, as well as the special made option: "G4 Polygon Setting" or whatever it's called. And that is what I have now. Why? because it's the only one that makes the game work fine.

:smurf: Anyway, I was hoping someone out on here knows how to get the battle stuff back on. So... Can you help me out?

OP
H

Hawkeba

*sigh*

1. I don't know what or how to get my system specifications
2. Why do you even need to see them? The game works fine except for battles.
3. I have already looked at that thread, tried all of it and now ePSXe will not work.

Trotterwatch

1. I don't know what or how to get my system specifications

Start>Run>Dxdiag, check the display tab too

2. Why do you even need to see them? The game works fine except for battles.

Believe us, they are needed. For example, some games may require certain functions that do not work on your card. And yes, the battle scene may use that feature exclusively.

Oh and perhaps it's worth looking in the included manual which has details about this issue; When using Pete's hardware (D3D/OGL) plugins, remember to set Offscreen Drawing to standard in order see the battle menus, and set Framebuffer Textures to Gfx Card Buffer (If your video card supports it, check Pete's docs) or Full VRam Primitives (Note: Full VRAM Primitives WILL slow down ePSXe immensely), so you can see the effect which occurs every time you enter a battle.

OP
H

Hawkeba

Trotterwatch said:
Start>Run>Dxdiag, check the display tab too
My Specs said:
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacture: n/a
System Model: n/a
BIOS: Award Medallion BIOS v6.0
Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~870MHz
Memory: 128MB RAM
Page File: 216MB Used, 91MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display->Device:
Name: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce2 MX/MX 400
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 32.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1280 x 960 (32 bit) (70Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Display->Drivers:
Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll
Version: 6.14.0010.7772 (English)
Date: 6/15/2005 17:20:00
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
VDD: n/a
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Display->DirectX Features:
DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled
Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled
AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled
Notes: No problems found.

Sound->Device:
SB Live! Wave Device
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1102DEV_0002SUBSYS_80271102REV_0 (Can't see what is after that)
Manufacture ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Default Device: Yes

Sound->DirectX Features:
Hardware Sound Acceleration Level: Full acceleration
Notes: No Problems Found

Sound->Drivers:
Name: emu10k1m.sys
Version: 5.12.0001.3300 (English)
Date: 8/17/2001 12:19:26
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Other Files:
Provider: Microsoft

Trotterwatch said:
Believe us, they are needed. For example, some games may require certain functions that do not work on your card. And yes, the battle scene may use that feature exclusively.

Oh and perhaps it's worth looking in the included manual which has details about this issue; When using Pete's hardware (D3D/OGL) plugins, remember to set Offscreen Drawing to standard in order see the battle menus, and set Framebuffer Textures to Gfx Card Buffer (If your video card supports it, check Pete's docs) or Full VRam Primitives (Note: Full VRAM Primitives WILL slow down ePSXe immensely), so you can see the effect which occurs every time you enter a battle.

Offscreen Drawing Already Set on 1: Standard OK for most games
Cannot Find "Framebuffer Textures"

BurmecianRat

Fire!!!
this is a little bit later than al these posts I know... but I have a problem running Final Fantasy IX where after the battle, when it is showing Experience gained, the FPS drops sharply and the game goes at a snails pace until it changes to the next screen where it shows spoils received or whatever.... I have Nvidia GEForce 4 with an AMD Duron 950 MHz Processor with 448 MB RAM running on a Windows ME os