What's new

chankast crashes on RE:code veronica

asmith

sombody plz tell me how to get RE:code veronica work on any emulation i've been trying for 29 hrs without sleep so u should no how i feel,look right now so plz help me

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
OK, well get some sleep, come back and let us know what the nature of the problem is. A generic problem (ie: not working) really doesn't help much. Try to be a little more specific.

OP
asmith

asmith

i got the 2 cdi images and mounted them by deamon tools(as i heard it's recommended) and i got chankast all versions and i got the dc_bios.bin (from my dc ;)) and i start the chankast emu and it crashes............
what really bothers me that some one on this forum said "it's one of the first games i tried and it works perfectly" and by the way my specs:
P4 2.4 GHz, geforce fx 5200, 512 MB DDRAM

OP
asmith

asmith

i tried the old chankast v .1 cos that what that guy was using i noticed that from the screenshots and the old chankast doesn't report that same error.... it doesn't do anything it stops just stops......i downloaded the latest nvidia driver and tried chankast v .25 it crashes
-what options do i check in deamon tools?
-what options do i check in chankast?
-what options do i have to do?
and note:-
the cd is named ECHELON what does it mean?

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Ahhh, there is your answer. Echelon rips do not work very well with Chankast. Echelon was a group that used to rip DC games and put them online, and they used to add their own intro pages to these games. So in order for it to work, you'll need to get a tool to remove that intro screen. Do a search on this forum, I have seen it somewhere, although I can't remember what the thread was called, but it's here in the Chankast forum.

OP
asmith

asmith

it didn't work.... isn't there anothere way to get it work on chankast or anyother emulator and isn't there anyother emulators

i still need help

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Just go to the plugins configuration of the emulator and choose the xxx CD-ROM plugin. Then from the options of the emulator choose the drive where the CD is.

OP
asmith

asmith

I did every thing but i either get the "send report" message or it stops with no errors report but stops 4ever isn't there other emulation that can play ECHELON releases

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
When do you get the message? Can you upload a picture showing the point where you get the error?

OP
asmith

asmith

i get the error message just when i press start although i don't get that message now it hangs and stops when i press start without reporting erorrs

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Are you using the xxx CD-ROM plugin? Also try closing all the programs from the taskbar.

fordius

Power Gamer
u run the emulator and it crash there? Cant u click Run or Options? try searching a new Bios.....or....

fordius

Power Gamer
u run the emulator and it crash there? Cant u click Run or Options? try searching a new Bios.....or....

OP
asmith

asmith

I couldn't find any bios but this one if u no a link to another bios just send it and even when the image is not mounted chankast does the same it must be due to the bios so i'm i gonna do i really wanted to play this game over years scince it was released:bye3:

OP
asmith

asmith

i finally manage to start chankast and it plays the dreamcast logo then i configure the time/date sittings but when i star play the emulater restarts and desplay the dreamcast logo again and the date/time sittings:whistling

OP
asmith

asmith

i noticed that when the game cd is inserted the emulation asks for the date/time sittings twice....

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Then it's time to get a new bios, yours is corrupt. I hope you saved a copy of it somewhere other than the Chankast folder, for just such an emergency. If you do replace the bios, set it's attributes to read only, this will help keep it from becoming corrupted again. Anyways, once you replace the bios with a new set, it sounds like you should be good to go.;)