What's new

Severe Problem with Ogre Battle 64 at Map6

xting

I have fighted with it for several days, but cannot solve it by myself.
Please HELP!!!

I have tried 4 versions of OB 64. Here is the result.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
ROM Name-----------CRC1--------CRC32------Description
1.OB64 (J) (v1.1)[b1] 0x0374CF67 0x330A2C9F<------A
2.OB64 (J) (v1.1)[o1] 0x0374CF67 0x27EA3320<------A
3.OB64 (J) (v1.1)[!] 0x0374CF67 0x04250D8A<------B
4.OB64 (U) (v1.1)[!] 0xE6409AC5 0xA05AEA85<------C
A: Cannot enter battle field, screen fades out then keeps dark, System still running.
B: Same as A, but system halt and sometime even cause Windows System to be Halt!!! (Ctrl+Alt+Del no effect, Hardware Reset only)
C: Cannot even proceed to the battle field. In the meeting, screen freezed, system still running with audio playing normally.
Screenshot as follows.

I have also tried both PJ64v15 and PJ6416 with default config and several other video plugins, but none of them can work.

Because the savestate cannot work with both JAP and USA versions, I post the SRA file(zipped). Please load the game to see the problem.

Thx in advance

Smiff

Emutalk Member
driver version?
try enabling legacy pixel pipeline aswell, see if that stops hangs.

OP
X

xting

driver version? for PJ64, using D3D8v16, for geforce4, the dll ver is 6.14.10.6177, maybe using nVidia 61.77 ver. not sure.
and i have also tried the legacy pixel pipeline. seems no effect at all, (J) version still be dark screen, and (U) version is the same as the above screenshot. cannot proceed any more...

Smiff

Emutalk Member
suggest you try some different video plugins and/or driver versions.

btw, a driver is software that interfaces between hardware and operating system. they run with high level priveleges and can crash a system. a plugin is part of an n64 emulator. it runs in user space and cannot crash a system.
for some reason people get plugins and drivers confused when they are completely different things. although both relate to your problems.

OP
X

xting

you mean the problem relates to the display driver? i will try other versions...
but there is just only 1 rom that can lead to system hang, other 3 ones can still be running, and windows system also responds events. for (U) version, it just seems the rom is waiting for inputs. do you think it is still because of driver uncompatible with pj? anyway thx for your suggestion.

Jesterhead

Yeah, sometimes Emulators act a little funny with a certain Drivers version.
This could be missing graphics, missing effects, sometimes even crashes.
OB64 seems one of the harder games to emulate, you should give Glide64 a try (http://www.emuxhaven.net/~glide64/), or Rice´s Plugin (1964 Forum here), you could also asking for Driver sugestions at the General N64 discussion orum here.

OP
X

xting

i have tried others driver versions as well as both Rice's plugin and Glide64, but no help at all. actually the image texture got even worse than the D3D8v16.
btw, there is not only me that have this problem at Map6. other guys with different graphic cards also encountered this problem before, and seems not to get solved:
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=27669 &
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=25346
i want to confirm if anyone can proceed into Map6 battle field without any trouble. if so, it should be something wrong with my computer and/or configurations...
thx

Nekokabu

There are rom that were wrong registered to "[!]" with goodN64.
Ogre Battle 64 - Person of Lordly Caliber (J) (V1.1) [!] is that one.

my dumped rom, can work at map 6.

If you want to play at Map 6 or after.
You have to buy OB64 Cart and dump it

Smiff

Emutalk Member
right, it's a bad rom..

driver issue i was refering to your system hanging.

Nekokabu thanks will add that info to GameFAQ

OP
X

xting

thanks neko san and smiff, but would you please read my post more carefully, for (J) version, the problem is cannot enter into battle field. not the problem of showing up the text. The screenshot that i posted relates to (U) version, since the screen freezed there, i dont know if it can enter into battle field.
actually, i heard that the (J) version cannot work unless you dump it by yourself, but i am wondering why (U) version cannot work either?! btw, the (U) verion is also identified by GoodN64 as good one. does it mean GoodN64 made mistakes once more?

TheOrgy

Strangely I didn't find any problems in that map, I'm already in map 13 where Magnus and Ankiseth face the military minister of Lodis. Lucky me