What's new

For people whose games run too fast

madh83

I know this has been posted before but just thought I should point this out since it gets asked every now and then. If your games run too fast to be playable on chankast you can adjust it by press "-" and "+" to adjust the chankast internal clock. Please note that you need a desktop keyboard to use these keys on the number pad part of the keyboard(usually on the right side) Laptops' - and + do not work since they usually do not have a numpad. You can however, plugin a keyboard into your laptop and use it. For me, P4 3ghz, clocking it to 150 slows most games down to 60 fps.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Or better, do what's stated in the FAQ and you'll always have perfect speed :)
PsyMan said:
Q: Some games are running too fast! Is there a way to make them run slower?
A: Yes! To make the games run at 60fps (which is their normal speed) do the following:
Right click to your desktop and click "properties". This will open the Display Properties. From there click the "settings" tab and then click "advanced". This will open a new window. From there choose the "Monitor" tab, set the "monitor refresh rate" to 60 Hertz and then click "Apply".
IMPORTANT NOTES:
1: If you have ever changed the settings of your video card drivers you may also need to enable the "wait for Vertical Sync" option from the drivers configuration of your video card.
2: This works only in Fullscreen mode.

Last edited:

Clements

Enabling Vsync in my Forceware drivers and setting my refresh rate to 60Hz caps the FPS to 60, no risky +/- needed.