What's new

Giving up N64 rooms

Willy313

I've been back and forth downloading rooms from N64 and not. Im so sick and tiered of all the Emulator system options, because I have NO idea what they mean.

I have a
1.7 Ghz
GeForce 4 Go

This is enough hardware to play PS2 and Xbox, I SHOULD be able to play N64 games. But I have problems playing games that uses the expansion pack :yucky:

I want to play Donkey kong 64 but It just wont work. Anyone, please, is there something I am overlooking, a patch, another emulator?

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Well uhh, the first problem is that you are using nemu. Don't get me wrong, I like nemu for its memory editor and debugging features, it's just that nemu isn't the best emulator. The only emulator I currently know of that can emulate DK64 correctly is Project64 1.6. Even with that emulator, there are some issues (polygons sticking out of characters at some times).

OP
W

Willy313

thx, its running now, but with some grapical glitches yes.

I have another question. Im thinking of buying a computer controller thing that I can use on N64 roms, Snes roms and some of my own games Im developing. I guess you guys use controllers, any recomendations?

CF2

Pretends to make sense
There's a whole thread about this in the PJ64 forum, but I'll give you my choice here. I use a Saitek P880, which more closely resembles a PSX dual shock controller, but it works fine and it only cost $20. Another option is to buy a thing called an adaptoid that lets you plug an actual n64 controller into your pc and use real rumble and memory packs. Unfortunately, the adaptoid is pretty hard to find, but I think a saw one on lik-sang.com

jdsony

The problem is you can't really download N64 Rooms, you gotta build your own. My N64 room has about 100 N64 games. 3 N64's, A dolby surround sound system. A couch and some chairs. Nintendo related posters etc. =p Then I also have a PC for playing emualted N64 games in a higher res.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Willy313 said:
I have a
1.7 Ghz
GeForce 4 Go
This is enough hardware to play PS2 and Xbox, I SHOULD be able to play N64 games.
Don't get me wrong but what?!? That's isn't enough to play saturn emulation of some games at a playable speed!?!
I SHOULD be able to play XBox 360 and PS3 with my configuration, am I right Willy313?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Guys... Are you from outer space? I'm running a PS4 emulator fullspeed with my 386 right now and it r0x0rz!!!1111!!!eleven!111!!!one1111one!!!!one!!1!eleven!!