What's new

oot graphics problem

blane11

In legend of zelda ovarina of time on p64, im having a bad graphics problem. In hyrule castle town, inside just about every house anywhere, and just about anything that isnt 3d, it just looks... horrible.Is there someway to fix this? Oh... wait... another problem. When I try to take a screen shot, it says theres an error. It tells me to turn of FSAA, but... what the heck is that? So, no screen shot... Can someone help me with these two problems please? Thank you.

Clements

1st: That's how it is on the real N64. These are merely jpgs that cannot be enhanced very well.

2nd: Try using the PrtScn button instead on your keyboard to copy the screen (Alt+PrtScn to capture an active window), then paste into Paint and save.

OP
B

blane11

Wow... that was fast... any way, i fixed the screen shot problem. I dont remember the oringinal n64 version looking like this though. I played the original version, im sure it wasnt THIS bad.

Clements

It is because a TV have a much lower resolution than a PC monitor, and the pictures themselves are small. When the image is blown up to fit a larger resolution, the blurriness is made more apparent and the "3D look" is somewhat spoiled as a result. Texture filters (such as 2xSAI) can also make the image become artifacted.

OP
B

blane11

So is there a way to lower the resolution so it looks better? Keep in mind i dont know what resolution is...

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i would suggest running the game at 640x480 fullscreen with Antialiasing on a high level.
you set all this in the video plugin, first tab.

OP
B

blane11

Well, first of all, in the fullscreen setting, theres more than one 640x480. it has different bitages and stuff. The antialiasing did nothing but cause really bad slow down every few minutes. So... that didnt work.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
my advice was good but general - without your system specs we can't be more specific.