What's new

GC Zelda "not changed"

blizz

yeah apparently so check it out here:

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=2656

I'm not sure what to say about it, it's dissapointing since we were all stoked by the "realistic" (I would like to point out you have a tiny wraith like elf boy with pointy ears apparently matching sword blows with a massive beast of a man in that footage) but apparently the eyes have been tweaked, which is a definate blessing anyway.

basically there either a wonderful game instore or they've just shot themselves in the foot trying to reinvent the wheel.

Remote

hellknight said:
I love zelda games but that?that is the biggest shit I hate it:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

You probaly fell in love with the Nintendo 64 incarnations of the series, if you had played the series from the beginning you would not care about the visuals. In my book, Zelda equals to gameplay if you want graphics quality buy a X-Box. There would be no point in making another realistic Zelda, it would look nicer but it would not be a new experience, and the quality of the footage I have seen is amazing. I can see why you and others dislike the kiddy features, air walking, but I do not think that that feature will be incoporated into the game, it is only used in cutscenes.

Remote

Honestly, I would not like if they went back to the tile tecnique they used before Zelda - A legend to the past, pre SNES. I see no point in reinventioning the wheel, but if they decided to release a game in the series using an tiling engine similar to the ones used in Final Fantasy #3(#6 in US) or Secret of Mana my praires would be answered. Those games were graphically impressive for their time, some of them still are, but time changes so instead of doing what they know that they can, and they know that we like, they decide to approach gaming from a new angle, for better of for worse.

And when comparing the little information we have seen regarding the next Zelda to The Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask it becomes clear that there is no decrease in terms of gameplay and visual quality. It looks like something they stole from the Disney Corporation, the animations are fluid and they game will probaly take full advantage of the Flipper GPU, it will deliver a new, breattaking story and will hopefully change the way we look and think of gaming. And I would not be surprised if the people who complain the most will be the first ones to buy it, to like it and to recomend it.

Remote

I guess I would not mind seing a realistic Zelda... and since Nintendo has said that the GC will have a long lifespan the possibility is not nonexistant.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
you graphic sluts make me sick. it's ZELDA for crying out loud. remember Link. . . best video game hero EVER? nobody cried when the first gold crtridge came out. and after a Link to the Past you guys still played the new game boy zelda's with far less superior graphics. i know you all had giant orgasims when you saw the sword fight between Gannon and Link and i admit when i first saw the cel-da i cryed too but my goodness get over it. im gona be the first to buy the game because it's zelda. ZELDA for crying out loud.

Macca

the spinning mask is back? can it be true or is it another imposter?

/me gerts dizzy.......again :p

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Technically it`s true... though in a much less involved, quieter, very sedated and wary of NDA kind of way. Ahem. ;)
Mm... I forgot just how nice the spinning is.... ssssspiiiiiinnnnnn.....

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Geez... that looks ...... UGH! That's the only thing I can say!
I wonder how many people how are against this new graphics ???? Must be a lot of 'em.