What's new

Zelda 2

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
I dont know, Why do people Ask stupid Questions?

1964, PJ64, Nemu, Apollo, TR64.

Please Read the compatibility List for these emus before asking those questions, please? These forums are for people who are having trouble running Nemu...

noctrun

noctrunal internet surfing guy
CpU MasteR said:
I dont know, Why do people Ask stupid Questions?

1964, PJ64, Nemu, Apollo, TR64.

Please Read the compatibility List for these emus before asking those questions, please? These forums are for people who are having trouble running Nemu...

the current nemu runs zelda2 only in the copyprotection mode (hearts kill you, inventory is full of the same item)

Ruesselschnurps

The Mad Wombat
Nemu RUNS it, but its not a pleasure to play it with it.
If you want to play it use Pj64 or 1964...or Apollo if you got a fast system.

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
noctrun said:

the current nemu runs zelda2 only in the copyprotection mode (hearts kill you, inventory is full of the same item)

it's not a copy protection the flashram is simply not emulated.

Tesla-Guy

BAH, BAH, and again BAH! That is copy protection... flashram is a method of saving... has nothing to do with the 24 ocarinas on the startmenu .....

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
Tesla-Guy said:
BAH, BAH, and again BAH! That is copy protection... flashram is a method of saving... has nothing to do with the 24 ocarinas on the startmenu .....

yes it has: it is the cause.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Arg. Does Project64 have copy protection circumvention? No, not any AFAIK. Does it run ZeldaMM fine? Yes. BTW, copy protection workarounds (and hence, Nemu 0.8?) may be illegal under the DMCA (anyone thought about this? All emulators may be illegal under the DMCA for all I know, depends how you define copy protection and various other things).

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
yes i am sure Tesla-guy.

i may not know many thing about nemu, i may not know many things about programming, but trust me when i tell you i know about zelda+flashram more then most of the ppl on this board and that's including you smiff.

Last edited:

LaC

the reason its full of ocarinas is it tried to load the inventory list from flashram and since flashram isnt there, it loads a bunch of garbage data.
Its not really copy protection. There isn't much copy protection in Zelda:MM, as a matter of fact there is more copy protection in Zelda:OOT.
So for the record, it is not copy protection. Take my word for it I wrote the crack for it ->
http://www.dextrose.com/info/1001dx-z2usc.htm
(and no that doesnt work with nemu)

Its too bad we released nemu 0.7a when we did. Because like a month after the release of 0.7a i emulated flashram, and we haven't release since, woops. ;)

Pj64/nemu8 does have copy protection work arounds. How else do you think the copy protection is "worked-around" ? There a magical cic chip in your pc? ;)
And who cares if its illegal?

gokuss4

Meh...
WELCOME TO THE FORUM LaC!!! and do ya think you can help me out with my prob with nemu? go to my topic that says HUGE problem with nemu...

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
LaC said:
the reason its full of ocarinas is it tried to load the inventory list from flashram and since flashram isnt there, it loads a bunch of garbage data.
Its not really copy protection. There isn't much copy protection in Zelda:MM, as a matter of fact there is more copy protection in Zelda:OOT.
So for the record, it is not copy protection. Take my word for it I wrote the crack for it ->
http://www.dextrose.com/info/1001dx-z2usc.htm
(and no that doesnt work with nemu)

Its too bad we released nemu 0.7a when we did. Because like a month after the release of 0.7a i emulated flashram, and we haven't release since, woops. ;)

Pj64/nemu8 does have copy protection work arounds. How else do you think the copy protection is "worked-around" ? There a magical cic chip in your pc? ;)
And who cares if its illegal?

WOW!!, i got the almighty LaC to answer.

believe me lac i know that patch by heart, i spent weeks( which some days of it i sat in front of the TV 24/7) trying to get Zelda MM JAP to work with my n64, in that time i learnt almost everything about FlashRam. i saw that intro of the crack so many times, that i know almost every word by heart (if you don't believe me try me!)
i saw those flying stars and heard that music in my dreams a long time after :D

BTW the patch doesn't work so well on a CD64, EEPROM cart and a DS1(not from bung, from the ufo company) device (sometimes it works and sometimes not), and once on the PAL rom it gave me an AMAZING effect!! really weird stuff.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah i care if it's illegal, make Nemu 0.8 legal dammit - don't sink to PJ64's level!

P.S. please Ogy, use private messaging to fellate emu authors.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
LOL. Lac is a nOOb :alien:
[edit] i fixed that damn facey not showing, it has started getting on my nerves! [/edit]

Last edited by a moderator: