What's new

Odd no mercy stuttering in chamipionships.

ZarLZ

After having to format and reinstall on my computer I got around to reinstalling project 64 and started playing no mercy again. Everything was as before - the flickering was still in tag matches but it was bearable. Then I tried to play a championship (as in single player> championship> hardcore.. storyline etc) however the matches are glitchy to the point where they are unplayable.

The wrestlers stutter when they are in the crouch after getting up as if they are changing who they are targetting very quickly (yet there it's a 1v1 match). Similiar things happen when they end up targetting in completely messed up directions. Sometimes when trying to pick up a prone opponent they stand there and stutter and there is no way to fix this (the others fix themselves after a bit). Also when they get thrown to the turnbuckle they sometimes get caught up in the ropes and stutter.

This only happens in championship mode, normal matches are fine with none of these problems. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling project 64 (1.6 - using jabo 1.6 for video and audio, and the adaptoid plugin for controller) but this didn't help. I took out my saves and tried again and it worked one time, but I tried again and it didn't work the second time (problems were back).

I redownloaded the rom (the rom is the same one I used before and worked no problems) but this didn't fix it.

Any ideas as to what is messing things up? It just seems strange that the exact same setup, system and rom won't work now even though it worked without problems before.

Picture of what happens when throw opponent to turnbuckle attached [the picture doesn't show it too well but the wrestler is stuck and stuttering in that position. Even hitting them with 2x4's didn't dislodge them, it didn't connect].

Last edited:
OP
Z

ZarLZ

Not sure that it was GS codes, I turned them all off and it didn't fix it, but I reloaded an earlier save (one I'd named rather than just f5'd) and it was fine then (and I had GS codes on in that save). Wierd anyway but it's fixed now so I'm happy :)

OP
Z

ZarLZ

@jessman, thanks! Glide64 [using hacktarux's wrapper, I tried 2 others but one was overly red and the other's frame rate was too low] has no flickers and runs at between 55 and 60 fps (averaging at the higher end) which is very sweet. It crashes on cutscenes (in championship and the intro) and on titantrons (which are skippable so not a problem). Is this a known problem with Glide64 and if so is there a solution?

snesmaster40

Yeah, what you just said. To avoid it use 1964, it doesn't have that "go fullscreen" thingy. Problem is 1964 doesn't have stacker support (those GS codes that begin with D)

NoMercyfan23

im having a weird problem, i have no mercy, but during the cutscene,i cant read the writing, i have no gameshark codes on and im using the a newest Project 64 with a Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6 for a video plugin and a Jabo's Direct sound 1.6 for sound and Jabo's DirestInput 1.6. Is there any way to avoid or help this, i'm in the middle of a storyline but i dont know what its about and Glide 64 wont work on my computer(or the emulator not sure which one). Can you please help?