What's new

Crashing and Computer Resets

AP Erebus

Ruling an island Somewhere
Hey

I just downloaded PJ64 1.6 last night and I was playing some games when then emulator froze then reset my computer.

I was first playing Donkey Kong 64, then it crashed and my computer reset. I think that at the time I was trying to switch from full screen back to a window (ESC button)

Then I played Conker:BFD and it did the same thing, once again when trying to switch between FS and window...

I changed the rdb to the beta one from these forums but it did stop it from happening again on Conker but at a different place from the one before...

I have the fullscreen res set to 1280x1024x72hz. My monitors native res is 1280x1024.
Would a different refresh rate (72hz) than my monitors native refresh rate do this?

I am using all the standard plugins and my graphics card drivers are up to date...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

EDIT: It crashed again on Donkey Kong when jumping from Full screen to windowed but it didn't reset the computer. I think that may have been me pressing CTl-ALT-DELETE twice is quick succession, but I'm not sure.

EDIT 2:I am now using Rice's 6.1.0c and have no problem jumping from one to the other. I think that there maybe a problem in Jabo 3D8 1.6

Last edited: