What's new

Need help saving

newbie123

Euhm im new to emulators and stuff. Im playing paper mario on one computer, and theres two way of saving (like in the game and in the emulator (slot1-save)) so like yha. Then in transfer everything to my real computer but I realize my saved games dont work. Why cant my saved game created a file so i can transfer computers with it...whatever can someone tell me if I can get my saved files from one comp to another? and how. HElp plz!!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It should work with both types of saves. Keep in mind however, that the roms should be the same, same region, same version, or there might be problems.
It's as easy as that, so that probably isn't the problem. As for your case, you could help a little by specifiying what the error is, exactly.

Allnatural

If you used a CD-R to transfer yours saves, the files are now write-protected. Right-click all of your save files and uncheck the read-only attribute.

OP
N

newbie123

yha well what i wanted to do is get my saved file from one computer to the other.

but like the version of rom and the emulator are the same because I burned it on a cd. BUt when saving it doesnt make a file so like how am i suppossed to get it pc to pc?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
if it's saving, it does (must) make a file.
default location is \Save dir in project64 install folder, default would be C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Save?)