What's new

Possible to make a home made N64 to USB adaptor?

Stu L Tissimus

Any idea if I'd be able to make my own Adaptoid with, say, an N64 extension cable and some stuff from Radioshack? If not.... Any idea how long it takes Lik-sang to ship stuff to NYC? :whistling

(Sorry, I know this is sort of off-topic, but if anybody knows where I should be posting this please direct me there and I'll delete this post.)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
nope, it's a complex bi-dir interface, needs logic. you could build one (Stephen Hans type, his homepage seem to be down atm?), but then you might aswell buy a cheap Boom, because it won't have the low level interface anyway.

Last edited:
OP
S

Stu L Tissimus

Okay, thank you for the answers. It's really quite a shame that Adaptoids are so hard to fine... We should make a petition for ZTNet to start building some more :D

Cybertronic

I already got an EMS PS2 controller converter already... the adaptoid is sleek and sexy, no extra crap, but If I must, I'd get that..... :(

TheSchwa

This may not be exactly what you want (it's a serial cable as upposed to usb), but here it goes . The link at the top goes to a site on make a circuit for it, and the site itself hostes a program to use the controllers. Hope this helps.

Cybertronic

EWWWW GROSS!!! A SERIAL CABLE!!!! EEEWW EWWW MAKE IT GO AWAY!!! :yucky:

Sorry, I just hate serial cables, I just repaced everything that used a Serial cable with USB on my PC. But instead of Crapifying controllers with the DREDED SERIAL CABLE.... why not use USB? It is sleek sexy and easier to mod with!

http://www.sealiecomputing.com/retrozone/index.html

Sadly this site has nothing for the N64 controller yet, but they are developing a USB chip for that....