What's new

zelda oot subscreen delay

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Hey everyone. I heard that this issue was finally fixed, but I still get the delay in pj64 1.6! Anything i can do to fix it?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
do you have a verified good rom? which is it? how long does the subscreen take to come up with the speed limiter on?

OP
jessman(reborn)

jessman(reborn)

my rom is fine. it takes like 6 seconds to get to the menu. same with master quest. i mean...what the heck?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
you have to tell me which rom it is, i need the filename after scanning with GoodN64 or at least the CRCs... (you can get from ROM info dialogue)
if you go into the cheats dialogue while the game is running, do you see cheat codes available there?

minkster

Unfortunately I have this same problem. My rom is Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (version 1.1) It has cheats and everything there, but I also experience the pause.

Clements

No delay for me with:

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!]
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [!]

Smiff

Emutalk Member
No delay for me in

Legend_of_Zelda,_The_-_Ocarina_of_Time_(U)_(V1.1)_[!]
or
Legend_of_Zelda,_The_-_Ocarina_of_Time_(E)_(V1.1)_[!]
or
Legend_of_Zelda,_The_-_Ocarina_of_Time_-_Master_Quest_(E)_[!]

hmmm strange. can't think what this could be right now.

could anyone with this problem actually go into ROM info and give us the CRCs aswell as the Good Name please.

Last edited:

HyperHacker

Raving Lunatic
I get it in OoT 1.2 as well. The screen flashes, hangs for a second or so, then the menu just starts to come up (you can see the R and Z icons at the edges), and then it hangs for like 5 seconds before it actually pops up.

Nintendo's emulator even seems to have trouble with this though. There's a bit of a delay opening the menu on the Gamecube versions.

OP
jessman(reborn)

jessman(reborn)

Wow. At least now I know that I'm not the only one having these problems. But wait! I have Zelda OOT version 1.0! Is that a bad thing? Just what are the differences between each version?

Anyways...I, uh, don't know how to use Goodn64...
Is there a more "user friendly" app that'll tell me the same stuff about my rom?
Sorry.

Clements

Use the GoodWindows frontend if you don't know how to use command line. It's incredibly easy to use even without reading anything. Edit the GoodN64 Goodinfo.cfg file with GoodN64 to allow compatibility with GoodWindows. You could have a collection of bad dumps for all you know.

Just what are the differences between each version?

http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=z64text

Version 1.2 would be the latest and most bug-free version. By my own common practice, I only use later revisions just in case a bug was fixed by the developers post-release.