What's new

minor startup problem

gokuss4

Meh...
I have WinXP. When it comes up to the "Welcome" screen, it takes really long to load (it shows the welcome screen, plays the music, then finally like 8 seconds later it finally goes into windows). I've had this problem for a while now, and it didn't use to do this. I'm not sure what caused it. If anyone knows what the cause is, please tell me. Thanks ^_^

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Probably a program starting with windows taking up the time, go to start-->Run-->type in msconfig, go to the startup tab, uncheck any program that isn't nessicary, see if that helps.

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
did that a long time ago. I even ran Bootvis and optimized my registry, defragged my disk, scanned for adware using both ad-aware, and spybot. Though my system is now running at optimal performance, it still has the delay for the welcome screen.

2fast4u

you could just off the welcome screen, its not like it does anything in the first place. have a look at tweakui xp for that.

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
i found out the problem. It's my workstation service. Because I have like a file server on my network, i guess it takes longer to connect to it. I should just set that service on manual and only turn it on when I need it.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Clean out the prefetch folder by deleting all of the files in the \Windows\Prefetch folder then let Windows XP recreate the prefetch files.