What's new

White Text and Choppy play

gtaplaya22

Sorry if I post this in the wrong section...I'm still getting used to the forums

I am currently using Rice's video plugin 6.1.0c I believe, on Project 64 1.6, I did all the directions for it to be compatible with PJ 64, so that's not the problem, its that I am seeing white Bold text that is unreadable on the action buttons on the Zelda games (OoT and MM), also at times when I'm walking the paths seem to be choppy, here's a screenshot:

Jabo's plugin seems to work OK with me...but I would highly prefer to use Rice's, because the graphic quality and hi-res graphics are sooooo much better...if only I could get past these small errors...then it would be perfect.
Any ideas?
Oh yeah...I forgot my system specs

I have an Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller (graphics card)
512 Ram
2.53 GHz Intel Pentium 4 (no HT tech... :()
And Windows XP Home (with SP 2)
You guys have any idea what's going wrong?

Last edited:

Allnatural

Your graphics hardware is sub-par. Changing the combiner may help, but Rice's plugin is really meant for newer hardware.

OP
G

gtaplaya22

Yeah, well its odd, because everything seems to run extremely well, besides that bold white text thing...I fooled around with the settings, and I'm pretty sure that choppy gameplay thing happens no more...ist just annoying when I can't see what the buttons say most of the times...

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i deleted my last post cos i sounded like an a***hole, but this really shouldn't be in this forum sorry, it should be in Rice's plugin forum - if it's not already covered in a sticky there, for example.
in the future could people try to get things in their own forums, it actually stops some of us coming here when this happens too much (seems over sensitive but i'm just passing that on).

Last edited: