What's new

New Member, and a question!

Vulcan Power

Hi everyone, hope to become a regular here! I have already read the sticky and understand the terms. I recently aquired Project 64 and some backup ROMS of my N64 console games, but only some of my games work ok. Most of them are jittery in the menus, then will play ok during the game. What settings are the best for speed in the options-settings menu? Also, I have a Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad, which takes care of most of the buttons, but not the analog control. I have made the standard up-down-left-right buttons be the analog stick, while the standard up-down-left-right buttons have been routed to the arrow keys on the keyboard. This is a pain, what controller do you guys recommend for Project 64 or N64 emulation in general..

Thanks
Marc

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
you could get an adaptoid from wishtech. it allows u to connect ur n64 pad to ur pc! I cant think of anything better than this for n64 emulation.

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Vulcan Power said:
What settings are the best for speed in the options-settings menu?

Apperently you haven't read through all there is to read because there is a FAQ @ Smiff's site. The address to his site is eveywhere.... find it. Also open the PJ64 directory and open the help file! That has all sorts of information that you'll find usefull

gokuss4

Meh...
try an Xterminator Gravis Gamepad or somethin like that, i have one but unfortanutely i cant find my software for it :(

Acorn

Personally, having tried 4 microsoft pads and an intel one (shiver) I would recommend the Logitech Wingman Cordless. Its cordless, so you can carry it to wherever your TV is (if you port yer video). Its a radio based signal, so no more losing connections if you jerk the controller - and no line of sight worries. It has ample buttons for the n64, including two analog sticks and a directon pad, 11 buttons, and a throttle. Finally it fits well in your hands, for long periods of time, perhaps the most important factor.

It rumbles, and doesn't rumble anoyingly like the real n64 pads. Note that if you have small hands this one won't work - its rather large, even if it is light.