What's new

White screen when trying to open menu in LoZ:OoT...

superxeroxk4

I'm using the latest version of pj64 along with an adaptoid.

I have a couple different versions of OoT, and in all of them, when I press start to access the menu, I get a white screen for a couple of seconds (4 maybe), and THEN I get the menu. Also, I was walking around in the Lost Woods and went into another world part and the game completely crashed.

Does this happen in all versions of OoT, or am I doing something wrong here?

One final thing, how do I get my games to run without letterbox? I have the actual game screen in letterbox format. I want fullscreen, as in taking up my entire screen.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
you say you are using the latest version but are you using 1.6?
if you download and install pj v1.6, then download the RDB from my sticky thread and extract it to the install folder (overwrite the one there), you should be ok.. let us know please.

also please provide system specs, and exactly which ROM you are using

Last edited:
OP
S

superxeroxk4

Yes, I am using 1.6

That rdb fixed up the white screen, but now there is only a split second of pause before it opens, but I can deal with it.

The zip file is called "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!].zip"

Smiff

Emutalk Member
I was expecting that to fix the lost woods crash, not the subscreen.. weird, but whatever works. i don't understand that.

i also don't understand your letterbox problem. do you have a 16x9 display? are you talking about certain games? (that have borders always) zelda should be fullscreen (unless you are z-targetting or in a cutscene) - it also works with the adjust aspect option if you're running a 16x9 resolution and don't want stretch.

Last edited: